Freedom by Having Limits

Options
As hard as it is to count calories and be mindful of what I eat and drink, there's a freedom that I feel when I've imposed limits on myself.

The freedom is: on days that I succeed in staying within these imposed limits, I am liberated from the opposite habit that got me in this shape in the first place: mindless overeating.

I think I last longer in weight loss "journeys" when I manage to be able to remind myself often of this freedom.

I hope I can keep reminding myself.

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So true. When I am eating badly, I am a slave to quilt. So it is a feedom to be in control even though it seems like the opposite.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! The control is definitely a freeing thing, even though it may technically not be. :wink: I feel a lot more in control of my life just by starting on controlling what I eat and how much I exercise has been completely liberating. :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! The control is definitely a freeing thing, even though it may technically not be. :wink: I feel a lot more in control of my life just by starting on controlling what I eat and how much I exercise has been completely liberating. :smile:

Yup, I TOTALLY agree! :smile: Being in control is SUCH a great feeling! :happy: