Omron HJ-72OITC Pedomoter - Not counting aerobic steps

Options
Does anyone have a problem with their Omron HJ-72OITC pedometer not counting their aerobic steps?

I wear mine every day, and some days it does not count any aerobic steps at all!

In the mornings I walk the same exact path to work at the same tempo and so if there are aerobic steps Monday, shouldn't there be the same Tuesday?

I have also walked for more than 10 mintues at a time and then get home and it is still on zero. So far today I have walked about 5,000 and have zero aerobic. It just does not seem to make sense.

Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I own the HJ-720ITC and it's predecessor HJ-112. I recently acquired the latest model, HJ-303 and it is the only one which will accurately count aerobic steps. The one caveat being the steps must be taken in a forward motion. In other words, you must be running or walking. The HJ-303 is the most accurate of the three models, in part because it begins to measure your aerobic steps 4 seconds into your activity. Not only that, but it is also measures with the same accuracy if upside down or on a diagonal. The other 2 models don't begin to measure steps until at least 10 minutes into the aerobic activity. Nonetheless, no pedometer can accurately measure lateral steps, dance steps, etc.
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I am only using it for walking, so maybe my walking is just not aerobic enough!

I didn't even realize it would count for dancing, etc.