Tummy Tuck Consultation!

Options
Hello All!
After a year and a half wait, i finally had my tummy tuck consultation on tuesday!! Now, a year and a half was a long wait and gave me lots of time to play out exactly how I thought it was going to go in my head. I'd be lying if I said it went perfect. Quite honestly, being there I realized that plastic surgery is a business and though they are caring, they are running a business. So, I was hoping that the surgeon would be very supportive and explain how happy I was going to be and that I'm doing the right thing...Well, at least he said it was going to be a very dramatic change and that I would be pleased with the results. I had always pictured more of a mother figure who would put their hand on my knee and reassure me haha.

So, January 20th is my date! Less than 3 months and I'll get to remove all this excess skin that's been holding me back from seeing all my hard work! I've been waiting for this day for 3 years! I'm happy at my weight, but looking at and feeling that excess skin around my stomach has always made me feel as bad as I felt weight 270lbs. So, I'll keep everyone posted closer to January 20th & will be sure to post before & after photos!!!

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    congratulations! u look great. hope everything goes well with ur TT.
  • koriebrownie
    koriebrownie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. To bad about how they made you feel. You will feel great after I bet!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I can't wait to see after pics!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for a mommy makeover with tummy tuck in December. I can't wait forty nine days to go. Maybe we could help each other through the journey. It is all I think about right now. I waited 7 years to have this done and I couldn't be more thrilled. You tube is pretty cool because people post post op videos of their recovery. I feel very prepared now. Congrads!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Calabrdm, I would love to keep in touch through our journey! I'll be a month behind you, but it would be good to see one another progress. I've been thinking about keeping a blog of the whole process with pictures & day by day kind of diary of the surgery & recovery. Yah! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congrats-You so deserve this. Thanks for keeping us informed about your journey. I'm scared about what my skin will do when I'm finally at my goal weight! UGH!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    that is great for you....i hope it goes well.

I was wondering when I get to the end of my road how much skin i will have (because I WILL GET TO MY GOAL !!!!) . i have 1/2 of my wait to loose so i know i will have extra skin.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    congrads artgirl!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    i look forward to seeing your pics:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

i've lost almost 100 lbs. i wrote to burn units and offered my extra healthy skin.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
    as i should have guessed, they replied telling me they only use extra skin off of dead people.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks! As you get closer to your goal weight you'll begin to see the loose skin. For me, my stomach looks like i need to lose another 50 lbs :noway: The most important thing is getting the weight off and that you're healthy & active :smile:

Oregonlady you made me laugh! I've been trying to get creative, like how I can make more out of the tummy tuck situation. I told my bf your burn unit offering and he was absolutely impressed haha
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks! As you get closer to your goal weight you'll begin to see the loose skin. For me, my stomach looks like i need to lose another 50 lbs :noway: The most important thing is getting the weight off and that you're healthy & active :smile:

Oregonlady you made me laugh! I've been trying to get creative, like how I can make more out of the tummy tuck situation. I told my bf your burn unit offering and he was absolutely impressed haha

artschoolgirl, I messaged you about your tummy tuck do you receive it?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am very excited for you!! :bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    as i should have guessed, they replied telling me they only use extra skin off of dead people.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

File that under things I didn't need to know in my life time. :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I didn't receive your message :frown: I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as i receive it :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I didn't receive your message :frown: I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as i receive it :)

Wierd ! I went to your profile and clicked on "send message"! Is that NOT what I am to do?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making such a dramatic and great life change early in life! Good luck, hope all goes well! :drinker:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options

Wierd ! I went to your profile and clicked on "send message"! Is that NOT what I am to do?

Hmmm...that always works for me but there's no notification or message in my inbox. Hmmmmmm
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope everything goes well. I'd love to be able to have a tummy tuck but most likely never gonna happen unless an anonymous donor or someone decides to donate money to pay for it for me. :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope everything goes well. I'd love to be able to have a tummy tuck but most likely never gonna happen unless an anonymous donor or someone decides to donate money to pay for it for me. :laugh:

Yes! An anonymous donor would be great about now! Paying $1,000 a month in student loan bills & all the other life things that require money make it hard for me to get ahead. I'm making a big sacrifice because the tummy tuck is something that i've been planning for 3 years. I can't live one more day with the amount of skin I have, it's painful & makes a simple task like jogging hard. I figured i'd take the plunge while i'm young & start celebrating my weight loss now and wearing the clothes i want to wear now. Now the big countdown begins!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    OHH So jealous!! After all my weight loss, I understand how you feel. Good luck, I cant wait to see your results! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am proud of all you have accomplished, and am so happy you can end up with a beautiful flat tummy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!