Another Breakfast Question

Options
I try and try to eat breakfast, but once I start eating I don't stop. It seems like every time I eat I am STARVING in 2 hours. I am usually awake from 9 am to 1 am. If I start eating at 1 or 2 in the afternoon I am pretty succcessful at keeping my calories for the day near 1500. If I eat breakfast I usually eat 300-400 cals everry two hours which means I eat 2500 - 4000 calories a day. I tried to eat breakfast every day for a month to start a new habit and get my body used to it. I stayed with it for the whole month and gained 11 lbs! So what is more important - to eat breakfast and gain weight, or skip it and slowly lose? By the way most of my food is very healthy and balanced.

Replies

• alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I try and try to eat breakfast, but once I start eating I don't stop. It seems like every time I eat I am STARVING in 2 hours. I am usually awake from 9 am to 1 am. If I start eating at 1 or 2 in the afternoon I am pretty succcessful at keeping my calories for the day near 1500. If I eat breakfast I usually eat 300-400 cals everry two hours which means I eat 2500 - 4000 calories a day. I tried to eat breakfast every day for a month to start a new habit and get my body used to it. I stayed with it for the whole month and gained 11 lbs! So what is more important - to eat breakfast and gain weight, or skip it and slowly lose? By the way most of my food is very healthy and balanced.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If you are more successful eating a balanced diet by skipping breakfast then I'd personally drop the breakfast and avoid gaining weight.

Doctors show that most people do better eating breakfast to get them through the day while eating less in the evening before going to bed but it sounds very much like your body does things differently so I would follow a plan that works best for you.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    This is plain and simple a will power thing. You know how many calories you need to eat, hey, I'm hungry every day too, it's because my metabolism is faster now, its normal, I'm less hungry now then I was 3 months ago on about the same amount of calories. Your body will get used to the change, it will take a little while but it will. Bring along snacks that have low or no calories, carrots are my favorite. Or an apple.
    Of course your hungry, think of this analogy:

You have a 5 year old child that you take to the park every day after school to play with friends, then you realize that you have to do something else at that time and you can't take him any more, will he complain for a little while? Yes, that doesn't make it bad, and eventually he'll get over it. He doesn't understand about why you can't go anymore, he will just cry and demand and scream and throw a tantrum. But after a few weeks or a month he'll forget all about it. Your body is like a child, it knows what it wants and it WILL tell you, that doesn't mean it knows what it needs.

By the way, Starving in 2 hours is a good thing, it means your metabolism is working harder, feed it yes, but not too much, it's used to higher input to work, don't give in, force it to become more efficient and it will.