I want to stress eat

Options
I have an important interview this Thursday and the stress is really starting to get to me. It's been messing with my sleep but now I'd like nothing more then to just lay on my couch watching t.v. and chow down on something.

:(

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Will your interview clothes still fit, or will they be all poofy looking?
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would suggest drinking a glass of water and brushing your teeth. If you still feel like eating afterwards, go for a short walk (if you can), and if you're still craving, eat something light
    ** I like having a bit of light, unbuttered popcorn [not a whole bag of it!] because it's low-cal but it feels like a cheat-food because it's not as healthy as an apple or something. Knowing me, when I have cravings, I'm not satisfied until I eat something that I've deemed "unhealthy" in my mind.

However, if you think you can satisfy your craving with something healthy, I'd suggest strawberries or cherries, or something along those lines. Then I'd wait a bit before going to sleep so your body can digest it a little.

Good luck, and good luck with that interview! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    good luck on your interview.

instead of eating try doing some creative visualization like thinking about what you will do when the interview goes your way, or do some preparing, or go for a walk.
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also have an important interview on thursday (=no job = I have to leave the country). I have to say than one hour of swimming (maybe not tonight but for tomorrow) makes me much more quiet, maybe it would work for you too ?
  • KatieHoeck
    KatieHoeck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Carmie! I'm right there with you-- wanting to eat all the leftover pizza in the work fridge. But if you can resist, I can too!
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Don't give in! Just keep calm and prepared for your interview and I'm sure you'll do great. Maybe indulge in a hobby to keep you mind off the food? =)
  • jillby10
    jillby10 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Be confident, be positive and sell yourself. When I am stressed I stay away from the grocery store so I am not tempted.
    Walking to your favorite music will help take your mind off it! U will do great!
  • wgh1988
    wgh1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Drink a few glasses of water and get into the plank position on the floor until the cravings go away. ;)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yoga, meditation, dance to your favorite music, a long soak in the tub, read a book, get a massage....
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have an important interview this Thursday and the stress is really starting to get to me. It's been messing with my sleep but now I'd like nothing more then to just lay on my couch watching t.v. and chow down on something.

:(

Don't. You'll feel like *kitten* if you give in. Get out of the house and walk off your tension. It will be OK. Good luck with the interview.
  • johnnyash
    Options
    Some great tips so far!

My tip is more along the spiritual curve. Nothing you put into your body will solve any of the problems that are already there, other than air in your lungs

What you're experiencing is fear. Fear plus oxygen equals excitement. Find something online that you can do a breath meditation along to.

Good luck!
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Interviews can be daunting, my best advice is learn how to sell yourself and talk yourself up without sounding snotty and uptight. There are plenty of great websites with tips on the interview process. Always ask questions about the company and don't mention money on the first interview unless the interviewer does.

Remember food is nothing but a nice tasting fuel, there's no magical properties in it that will make you feel better.

Why not treat yourself to a massage (get someone you know to give you one if money is an issue); unwind with a funny movie (minus the popcorn and soda); do something creative to help keep your mind alert for your interview; take a long hot bath; go for a nice long walk somewhere quiet (if you have a dog this is even better, or borrow one if you know someone with one); or do anything that will make you feel better without having to bring food into it. Once you've done this, if you REALLY still want to indulge in something, keep your portion less than a palm full, eat and move on.

Good luck with your interview!