Runners! Recommend me a shoe!

Options
2»

Replies

• quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have Asics -gel foundation and they do well for me as I have flat feet. I tried the Brooks and I ended up with a bruised toe and lost my toenail. I liked the color of the brooks,but I learned my lesson to go for fit not fashion. Go get fitted and recomended for good shoes. I run 5-7 miles a day and although they are $99 + it is worth every penney if you really want to start running.
  • virginiawebbjr
    Options
    I am really glad ya'll are talking about this. A lot of the shoes I've never even heard of. The pricest runners I've ever even thought of were Nike's & when I tried them on I hurt just standing there! I am on a long weight loss journey, but an aunt of mine lost over 200lbs by starting off slowly & then taking up running. I think I have finally met my running weight goal. I guess my next step is to take everyones advice, find a "running store" & get fitted for a good pair. My Reebok's are just not cutting it anymore (don't want to run in pain).
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm a new runner myself, and I just got a pair of Vibram Five Finger Bilika shoes. I LOVE them! so comfortable, so natural! If you've run before, you would be better off going to a "traditional" minimalist shoe. These shoes use different muscles than what's used in regular shoes.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nothing fits me as well as my Saucony's! But I recommend going to a running store and getting fitted cuz all our feetsies are different! :)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my New Balance running shoes. Great cushion and support for me, I road run.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Brooks all the way. I have an old pair of trail running shoes from them that lasted me many years, and a new pair of PureFlows that I love love love.

I think it's funny how people are talking about how stylin' Asics are... they look like nurse shoes to me! But you gotta run in what feels right and gives you the best run.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    ASICS ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!!! USED TO DO 5 MILES+ A DAY ,AND AM WRKING BACK 2 THAT GOAL! I HAVE WIDE/FLAT FEET THAT NEVER FELT GOOD IN SNEAKERS!!!!....UNTILL I FEEL IN LOVE W/ ASICS!! HAVE FUN!!
  • skdude67
    skdude67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing Asics for the past two years-mostly the GEL. I also like Saucony. If there is a store by the name of Fleet Feet in your area, I highly recommend you check them out. The closest one to me is 150 miles away but I do try to make it there at least once a year. It is in my hometown.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're thinking of changing?

I'm a firm believer that if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you have shoes that are comfortable and you're running injury free stick with the same model (maybe change the colour).
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love my Fila Skeletoes, I even love the funny looks I get at races!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I would only use the one that a running store recommends for your stride.

This site might help:
    http://www.selectsmart.com/plus/select.php?url=runningshoes
  • jnsb
    jnsb Posts: 20
    Options
    Definitely get fitted at a running specialty store. The employees in places like ****'s and Academy Sports do their best but don't reallly know what they're talking about (at least in my experience). You can always get the running store's recommendation and shop around for a better price.
  • eesuperstar
    eesuperstar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Properly fitted Brooks all the way! (get that gait checked!)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Brooks...I have wide feet and pronate. I also have plantar fasciitis and have had knee surgery. I have had no pain or problems running in them. Check out my pic. They sales person at Finish Line really walked me through what I needed and I am very happy with the results. My daughter is training for a MudMan run and she wears Brooks as well because she has different needs. I am happy with the quality of the product and the results I am getting. I should say I am 55 years old and weight 200 pounds.