Fabulous 50

Options
Hi I'm new to the site and would love to start a support group for women 50 and older. I have 50 plus pounds to lose. I'm prediabetic and have high blood pressure. I'd love to connect with others who are in the same predicament as me! I'm determined to get this weight off. One day at a time. Let's do it together!

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me. I will be 51 in November. I have about 35 more lbs to go.
  • sloanranger55
    sloanranger55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hiya my name is Jo and I am 56 with 40-50lbs to lose, maybe we have some common ground.

Jo x
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm a male under 50..........darn.
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HIya,

I am 52 later this month.. Joined MFP on 1st Janaury 2012 and have lost 64lbs so far.

The friends you make here are REALLY what makes the difference.However, you can only lose weight if you want to do it and for the right reasons too.

Feel free to add me if you want.

Sue
  • cms1250
    cms1250 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, all!

Carmen here in Delaware, a transplanted New Yorker (yes from the city). Anyway, just a little about me so I can join your awesome group:
    I made a decision at the end of Jan 2012 to eliminate ALL dairy, sugar, wine, to eat only very healthy foods & to exercise at least 5 days a week for 40 mins on the treadmill. In just 6 months I've lost 46 lbs & I look & feel pretty fabulous. I went down to a size 8 from a size 14, got off statin drugs for high cholesterol/triglycerides & off high blood pressure medication. While this is an amazing accomplishment, I still need to lose another 18 lbs to get down to my normal wt of 140 lbs just 10 yrs ago. Yes, I'm not proud of it but I was a whooping 202 lbs at 5"7" with a BMI 29 (now 24). BTW, I'm 61 yrs old. I'm glad to join this group as I know we have different needs from younger folks. Looking forward to hear from you all!