"Weight of The Nation"

Options
2»

Replies

• DietPep1978
    Options
    I just watched Part 1...I'm a little depressed and I'm going to take my child out for a walk.

Many of the points in the film I can see in my own extended family and in myself. I had gestational diabetes, I have a fatty liver, I carry my weight in my abdomen. I've had family members who are not that much older than me suffer and die from obesity/diabetes related complications. Here I am, right up near by heighest weight ever.

I've always known I needed to get myself together. I've found the last few months quite sobering to just how serious my situation is and how important it is to work at it.

No matter how long it takes, no matter how slow the process, as long as I start moving in the right direction I will feel better than I do at this very moment.

I'm looking forward to watching Part 2, 3 and 4 and I'm very glad to hear there is a segement on what you can do about it.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Does it also explain why British people seem to be putting on weight?
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Does it also explain why British people seem to be putting on weight?

i do not recall anything specific to the UK, but, much of the info would be applicable to anyone interested in losing weight. I imagine the food supply in the UK to probably be similar to USA, but, i am only guessing there.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    I just watched Part 1...I'm a little depressed and I'm going to take my child out for a walk.

Many of the points in the film I can see in my own extended family and in myself. I had gestational diabetes, I have a fatty liver, I carry my weight in my abdomen. I've had family members who are not that much older than me suffer and die from obesity/diabetes related complications. Here I am, right up near by heighest weight ever.

I've always known I needed to get myself together. I've found the last few months quite sobering to just how serious my situation is and how important it is to work at it.

No matter how long it takes, no matter how slow the process, as long as I start moving in the right direction I will feel better than I do at this very moment.

I'm looking forward to watching Part 2, 3 and 4 and I'm very glad to hear there is a segement on what you can do about it.

OH, i AM SORRY that the film impacted you in this way----BUT i am smiling as you decide to take your child out for a walk!!

i don't recall feeling bummed out, at all, when i watched the films. I did not watch them in correct order, though.
    I felt a lot of my questions were answered on why i am now seeing a new trend towards overweightness even in the young ppl! and why too many of my fellow citizens gaining weight. (including my own self).
    I DO HOPE YOU DO WATCH THE INSPIRATIONAL PARTS on what can be done!!!???

But, it is good to be aware,
    the foods that my generation grew up on,
    are NOT the same foods the kids today are being fed.
    ^that right there, explained a lot to me.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options

YES, that is how i felt too, i felt like, AH HA, i can do this, and i now have more information on how the foods i've been eating are contributing to my weight gain, (more than i'd suspected)
    and in parts 2,3, and 4,
    i became inspired,
    this can be solved.

and i CAN lose this weight.
    I do NOT have to be this way.
    I am NOT 'stuck' here like this forever.
    I got the notion, that my weight gain is NOT permanent. (somewhere alone the line, i'd come to believe, that this is just the way i am now)
    I came to understand that I can SOLVE this,
    and i am not alone in this struggle. Even people with much higher mountains than i have, are finding success.

i still think of those two older ladies who lost the weight, a few times a week. Some remark one or the other said, comes to me, now and then, as i stand in front of the fridge, lol!!
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump...wlll watch it!!! thanks for sharing
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    yeah, let me know, or rather, post your review of the film, or if you felt you learned anything! :smile: I DID!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch later