Injured and very sedentary

Options
Hiya!

I've been at this for about 4-5 weeks now and the first 2 weeks saw a 6lb loss but since then, everything has stopped. I sustained a serious injury in February so I exercise as much as I can, mainly swimming because it is lighter on my ankle. However, the rest of the time, I am doing nothing. NOTHING! I have exams for the next 2 weeks so I'm studying a lot and not really getting out.

My question is - can you help me shift some more weight without needing to be more active? Even if I didn't have the exams, I can't do much alone and I can't walk very fast at the moment either :cry: it's really getting me down!

Jazz :smile:

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can see what you are eating and make some suggestions Also set your lifestyle to sedentary and MFP will adjust what you should be eating.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Inadequate data - height, weight, weight goal, age, %body fat, how many calories are you eating
  • Tiberius707
    Tiberius707 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is just your ankle injured? If so, what about your upper body? You can still work out your upper body and your core if just your ankle is injured. It's really easy to use an injury as a excuse to not work out at all and I almost did it since I broke my finger about 5 weeks and missed 2 workouts. But after that I told myself no more missing workouts cause i was getting down and wasn't feeling as good, and found ways to do them whether it be just adding in more legs and core moves and skipping some upper body stuff or finding ways to modify moves so I could use my hands. Don't worry about reps or weights or anything like that, just make sure you are still finding a way to workout and it'll really help your mindset while your injury heals :)