runing till you throw up...

Options
2»

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get nauseous when I run. for me it isn't about food or water - it happens when I've been pushing myself too hard. It is my body telling me to slow that run down to a very gentle jog.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Also don't be afraid to repeat a week of C25K if you find one particularly hard. Many successful finishers have done this, whereas a lot of people put off by jumping to a tough week are tempted to give up.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    When I first started running, I experienced it all the time. For me, it was because of over exertion (I was in course that required physical testing and a timed run so I was always pushing hard). I didn't feel sick when I was able to do a run at my own pace. It sounds to me that that is likely your issue as well, but try some suggestions given here too. C25K is meant to be done at a pace you can maintain, slow down if you have to, guilt free.
    My stomach is also pretty sensitive to food. I never used to be able to eat for 3 hours before a run or I would feel sick. I can now eat certain foods sooner, it was simply trial and error.
    Other causes for nausea while running to consider are overheating, dehydration and malnutrition.