hard time with vitamins

Options
I started taking 1 a day active metabolism vitamins this week. I really love the energy that I get from them, but they make me sick to my stomach. Once I get past the nausea I'm good to go. I think that it may be the caffine that they have in them. Doc told me to take them before bed but I don't want that energy when I am trying to sleep. :noway: Anyone recommend a multi-vitamin that helps boost energy without the nausea?

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Are you taking it with food? All vitamins should be taken with food so they are properly absorbed. This should also keep you from getting sick.
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    I always take them right after breakfast. I tried eating a little more for breakfast yesterday morning to see if that would help. Didn't do the trick :sick: Maybe I should try after lunch?
  • vassilysmommy
    Options
    Hello! I take the same vitamin and I get sick if I don't drink a lot of water with it. I'm very susceptible to caffeine, so I drink 20oz bottle of water with my vitamins every morning. That really helps me.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Nutrilite Double X gives a real boost of energy - take it twice a day if you are very active/athlete. Otherwise, once a day will suffice. Take it with a good breakfast :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If lunch is a bigger meal try it then.

Question - why does the vitamin have caffeine? Maybe you should try one with vitamins not stimulants.
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    I thought when I bought them that they were just multi-vitamins. Should have paid more attention I guess. If I have the same problem taking it at lunch, I am going to toss them and get something different.
  • famv5
    famv5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz just mentioned something about this exact problem. I get nauseas, too.

Anyway, he suggested taking "half" of the multivitamin in the morning with your meal and "half" at night with your meal. He said that a whole multivitamin is like an overload to your system so by breaking it in half and taking a smaller dose it helps. He also suggested taking it before bed. I haven't tried either way, yet.

I know when I was pregnant my prenatal vitamins made me very sick so the only way that helped was taking it before bed.

Hope that helps. :smile:
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    For me it is actually the metals in the vitamins that make me sick. After years of thinking I can only tolerate a children's chewable, I now take an adult time-released (so I don't need to cut it in half & split the dose) with no iron in it. Iron makes so many people sick that there are numerous vitamins that advertise "no iron" on the front of the packaging. I also take it w/one of my heavier meals of the day. Best of luck!