to drink or not to drink?

I am wondering do ppl let themselves have a glass of wine or some alcoholic drink with evening meal now and again as long as it fits in with the callorie allowance?as i have worked 9days straight and tomos my day off so tonight i fancy a glass of wine and dunno if to have one hmm...

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    If it fits into your calorie allowance and isn't a daily treat, go for it! You have to treat yourself once in a while or you're not going to want to stick with what you're doing. :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Absolutely! Go ahead and have that glass of wine!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Drink! Drink! Drink!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I'm drinking Shiraz right now ... as usual. :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I will drink if it fits into my calorie allowance, I don't drink during the week, mostly weekends. I also work out more on the weekend, so it makes up for any extra drinks. I loveee wine. :drinker:
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 627 Member
    This has been an issue I've battled for a long time. My kind of weekend drinking utterly destroys diets lol. I've thought about giving up drinking, but its hard when all your friends enjoy going out and having drinks. I need some new friends! :)
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    I drink occasionally and just make sure I stay in my allotted calories.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Everything in moderation. I find one to two drinks per week doesn't throw off my diet plan and let's me feel like I'm living a normal life!!
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    I try to shave some calories off in the week to allow for wine and some cake!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    I do, I drink Gin and Slim...it's not too calorific!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    yah sure go ahead drink a little something. I have a glass of wine with dinner usually 4-5 days a week and it hasn't slowed my weight loss any. I've lost 20 pounds since June 14th.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I had two beers and a taste of cherry wine at a party last night. It only amounted to half the calories that I had saved for the party. I should have had one more. :tongue:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Everything in moderation! Even booze!! I'm going on a cruise next week and PLAN on having a few beverages!! BUT...I am still going to exercise and down my water!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    I am a weekend red wine drinker. My husband and I go through several bottles. Some people have cheat days so I guess that would be considered my cheat days because I do go over on my calories however my carbs and sodium stay low. I know it's probably not healthy but I don't eat much while I am drinking. There is actually a group on here called "Cheap Wine" for drinkers. Luckily I was able to lose my weight while drinking. As I said, I only did it on the weekends. So go for it. This is a lifestyle change not a punishment. You have to incorporate everything you do into your new lifestyle. I swear the key to success is exercise. That's why I was able to drink. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    It's more than fine to allow a glass or wine or a beer or drink every once in a while. Although I wouldn't worry too much about lowering calories to allow for a drink -- unless you're drinking on a regular basis. 1-2 drinks every once in a while is not going to cause you to gain weight.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    I say go for it! If it's something you plan on continuing to do once you've reached your goal weight or it is something you enjoy doing, I say do it, but in moderation!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    I still want to live and enjoy myself and if that means that day I get a drink (or 4) then I do it.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    yea, if it fits into your calories and isn't a a daily treat absolutely! :drinker:
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    I am wondering do ppl let themselves have a glass of wine or some alcoholic drink with evening meal now and again as long as it fits in with the callorie allowance?as i have worked 9days straight and tomos my day off so tonight i fancy a glass of wine and dunno if to have one hmm...

If you have enough calories remaining - why not? Esp. if you only drink occasionally - I say go for it. Life gets to feeling kinda rotten when you deprive yourself of things you enjoy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I lost 27 lbs last year and have maintained it since, having wine with dinner nearly every night.