NOT GETTING ENOUGH CALORIES, BUT OVER ON PROTEIN AND FAT

Options
Does anyone else ever have the problem where they are trying to get all the calories in but end up going over on FAT and PROTEIN sometimes? I know I probably need to change some of the things I eat but I haven't been eating all the bad stuff I use to eat....

Need some ideas and is this a really bad thing?

Replies

• KristieT
    Options
    Does anyone else ever have the problem where they are trying to get all the calories in but end up going over on FAT and PROTEIN sometimes? I know I probably need to change some of the things I eat but I haven't been eating all the bad stuff I use to eat....

Need some ideas and is this a really bad thing?
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS...I have the SAME problem. I struggle to get up to my daily calorie intake and then when I do I am ALWAYS over on either carbs or protein....
    sorry not much help...
    anyone???
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I suppose that depends on how far you're going over on the fats side and the success or failure you're experiencing in your plan. The Atkins diet plan calls for cutting out fats and other carbs while focusing on proteins and still, today, there's mixed discussions about that in the medical community. I would suggest that you adjust your plan just a bit more so that you try to keep at or below the calorie and fat intake while not being as concerned about the proteins.

I did a quick search on the net and only came up with discussions that were concerned about fat intake as a negative (as well as calories) but nothing that cites protein as being a negative.

Thank you for serving your country I can't imagine being a single parent separated from my kids.
  • KristieT
    Options
    I probably go over on protein 10-20 grams max....Fat I dont think ever over 10. But I will watch the fat intake more if nothing else...

Thanks for the info and your support.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I don't eat enough veggies or complex carbs, esp. fiber. Fat, protein, and fiber make you feel full, so if you eat more fiber, you can still feel full but with less fat & protein. I've heard conflicting information about protein... if you are active, apparently the default protein recommendations on this site are kind of low anyway. If you feel good, I think that is the true test.