New to the site, Not New to Dieting

RobbinMarie
RobbinMarie Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Back in the saddle as they say and making a renewed commitment to healthy living. Get Moving and Stop Stuffing My Face are my two main goals. Losing actual weight will be a bonus! I am part of a new group that is working their plan together and hope that it will help keep me honest!

Hi to all and remember, every day that you wake up is a good day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    HI, I am new to the website also. I weighed myself an hour ago and realized my actual weight was 12 pounds lighter than my sign in weight. I had to recalibrate the scale that felt good it was weigh off.
  • Hello & Welcome!!

This is a great site!! It will be really helpful in keping track of your food & exercise!! I know you'll love it!!

Good Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hi folks,

I started taking my weight seriously in June 2008 and by February 2009, I had dropped 87 lbs. Then we went on a cruise (which I loved and would do again) and I ignored everything I had learned about myself.

I am just getting back on the wagon after gaining back 25 lbs.

I chalk this up to having to learn about myself. I now know that I need the discipline of logging everything I eat every day.

Same goals, but older and wiser now.
  • jseward
    jseward Posts: 56
    Hi,
    That is my mantra too. Instead of dieting, I am just taking time to learn about myself, and about the foods I take in and how they effect me. :smile:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hey Brianmcg, Did it take you 8 months to put on 25 pounds or was it the cruise and was the cruise more than a few weeks? That must of been some delicious food I'm sure it was on a cruise 25 pounds is not to bad that is ofcourse if it wasn't on a few weeks on a cruise. But either way you can get back to your mark with re-dedication.
  • I had stabilzed near my lowest weight for about three weeks prior to our departure, and I gained about 12 lbs on the cruise itself. It was a combination of the quality of the food and its absolute availability. You could have whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted and it was all free (I don't drink, so alchohol didn't enter into it).

I managed to lose about 10 lbs within a month of returning, but by then I had broken the habit of tracking religiously and had fell into my old habit of eating because I enjoyed the taste and feel of the food rather than because I was hungery. I got lazy, discouraged and probably went into denial for a while, too, and managed to put on the 25 lbs over the last 5-6 months.

Anyway, I've decided to start again from where I am and learn from my lapse.
This discussion has been closed.