Hello! My name is Justine.

Options
Name: Justine Folk
Goal: Lose 20-25 pounds to feel better about myself and feel comfortable in my own skin.

Day one- and I already feel better. I ate a pretty good breakfast and exercised this morning! It felt great to get up out of bed and do something. Being cooped up in the house makes me tired and sluggish.
I usually only have the courage to exercise or swim and all that when I have a friend around for support.. BUT all of my friends are 45 minutes - 1 1/2 hours away from me... so you can imagine what my problem is.
No confidence going out alone = not going out at all most of the time.

I moved to the city last September. It's so much different here! In the country I wasn't USUALLY afraid to do anything by myself but..... even if I was- I had friends within 5-10 minutes of me that were always glad to hang out.
I've realized in the city, the people are different (not-so friendly) and the places you can walk by yourself (being a 19 year old girl) are VERY limited.
I can't just go out and walk to the park- it's a 15 minute drive! I can always take my dog out or something.. but he grates on my nerves and I feel like he drains me pretty fast.

My boyfriend and I have been stressing lately about our weight-gains. So we've recently been building up each other and trying to get out and do more. He motivates me a lot actually, I just don't think he realizes it. If he can find time to exercise between work and taking care of his kids & house.. then I can surely find the energy to exercise! Especially since I'm out a job now.

Last night, I joined My Fitness Pal and started tracking this morning. It was a lot easier to control what I ate when I had to track it. And I felt more obligated to go out and run a little.
My goal for exercise (actually set by my boyfriend for me, because he knows I can do it!) is to do 2 hours of cardio each day. In the morning and in the evening.

I guess that's all I can ramble about for now, so I'll post now. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night and God bless you all.

GOOD LUCK!!! :smile: