Seemingly insignificant NSV, but a big deal to me!

Options
Sorry if this turns into a long post..

Hung out with a couple friends last night and we went to this family fair last night on base housing. Surprise surprise, free pizza for everyone! Right when I saw that I figured that my whole night was ruined and I immediately beat myself up (before even eating anything!) for undoing all the progress I've made so far.

First serving I got two pieces of cheese pizza, and ate it almost too quickly. Like many I think pizza is one of my weak spots, my willpower is so good with everything else but once I have some pizza I don't want to stop!

So after finishing the two pieces I decided to face the truth and try to log and see how far over my daily goal I was. Lo and behold, I had 54 calories to spare! And after staying away for a few minutes, I had no urge to get another piece! Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it was a HUGE victory for me over something I didn't think I'd ever be able to overcome.

I hope you all are experiencing your own small, but important, victories :)

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? That's a VERY big deal!! Congrats!!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou: I keep chanting to myself "Self control is a muscle, exercise it and it gets stronger!" in times like these . . . helps me keep my focus.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge milestone.
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    that is great!!
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Great job! My self-control muscle needs a bit more working out! Anything that makes you realize the difference in your old and new self is an accomplishment :) Keep it up!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep using your will power and it will get easier and easier to stop when you want to! And good job for tracking as you go instead of throwing in the towel. If you hadn't done that, you probably would have kept eating.

Can I piggy-back my pizza-related NSV?

We had a lunch-n-learn today at work and pizza was provided. I was a good girl and brought my own lunch, and didn't touch the pizza! I'm proud of myself, especially as I watched everyone go back for seconds.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY relate to this! Pizza is my weakness! Great NSV, and congrats to you!
  • dhoddy
    dhoddy Posts: 35
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep using your will power and it will get easier and easier to stop when you want to! And good job for tracking as you go instead of throwing in the towel. If you hadn't done that, you probably would have kept eating.

We had a lunch-n-learn today at work and pizza was provided. I was a good girl and brought my own lunch, and didn't touch the pizza! I'm proud of myself, especially as I watched everyone go back for seconds.

Congrats! I'm still trying to work up the foresight to bring my own food to work (cheaper and healthier), I'm sure you had a slightly sassy sense of self-satisfaction :p
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Moderation Moderation MODERATION!!! That is my mantra! One can't live the rest of their life not eating certain types of food, or carrying their own food. Learning to not "over-indulge" is what has made me successful... Not cutting out certain foods completely!

Good for you for stopping at 2 pieces! You are on your way!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Congrats! I'm still trying to work up the foresight to bring my own food to work (cheaper and healthier), I'm sure you had a slightly sassy sense of self-satisfaction :p
    lol yes :)

In the interest of full disclosure, I wasn't aware that lunch would be provided until I had already brought my own lunch. And I ate spaghetti so at least it was in the same genre of food and I think that helped my will power.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou: I keep chanting to myself "Self control is a muscle, exercise it and it gets stronger!" in times like these . . . helps me keep my focus.

Oh I like that, may have to steal that quote!
  • lehmann75
    Options
    Congrats! However - please stop beating yourself up over a ruined night or two. If this whole journey is supposed to be a lifestyle change, then I want pizza and chocolate cake to figure in every once in awhile. The trick is to figure them in responsibly, right? So go out and enjoy yourself and don't worry about it. Then tomorrow get right back on the plan without skipping a beat. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!