Small Victories- Share Yours. :)

Options
Share with us some of your small victories for the day.

Today I...went grocery shopping, and although I wanted to pick up an apple pie or chocolate, I bypassed it, and made better choices. Step 1 in getting a handle on this sugar addiction- don't buy it!

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

Today I...went grocery shopping, and although I wanted to pick up an apple pie or chocolate, I bypassed it, and made better choices. Step 1 in getting a handle on this sugar addiction- don't buy it!

Way to go on realizing that. :drinker: It's by far the best way not to eat it, don't buy it :laugh: You'll get through it. Did you trash the ice cream yet?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Way to go on realizing that. :drinker: It's by far the best way not to eat it, don't buy it :laugh: You'll get through it. Did you trash the ice cream yet?

Shh...the ice cream is gone. I won't comment on where it went, but it's gone. :tongue:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bought a dress...and planning to wear it! THAT IS HUGE FOR ME! I havn't bought a dress since 2006 and was at my heaviest then, but 79 pounds lost and I want to finally wear a dress:bigsmile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

Shh...the ice cream is gone. I won't comment on where it went, but it's gone. :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I actually have logged breakfast and my snack, along with exercise--now to finish out the day. :flowerforyou:
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    I have NOT dipped into the candy jar here at work yet today....which is FULL of all kinds of yummy halloween candy (and a HUGE weakness for me)! Instead, I had 3 little squares of a Green & Black's Organic 85% dark chocolate bar. Still candy...but much heathier and lower in calories! Oh - and yogurt for breakfast, and low cal. veggie egg rolls for lunch in anticipation of eating out tonight :)
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Didn't eat ANY of the goodies at our Halloween potluck yesterday. Stayed with my normal healthy lunch that I brought from home. Today is my monthly visit with the doctor for weigh-in, BP & pulse checks, and discussion of my progress. On my scale this morning I was down another 4.5 lbs from last month so I'm confident that his scale won't be too much higher.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Finally hit my first ten pound mark!!
  • JESS2B115
    Options
    MY SMALL VICTORY IS NOT EATING THE REESE CUPS I BOUGHT MY FIANCE. THEY ARE BOTH OF OUR FAVORITES AND I DONT THINK MY KIDS AND HIM SHOULD GO WITHOUT JUST BECAUSE I AM SO I STILL GET STUFF FOR THEM AND SO FAR I HAVE HAD THE WILL POWER TO NOT GO THERE. I JUST HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. I FEEL LIKE IM ON THE RIGHT PATH.
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can see a faint :smile: outline of abs.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I can see a faint :smile: outline of abs.

I see a faint outline of...oh wait, nevermind. That's a long way off for me.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    MY SMALL VICTORY IS NOT EATING THE REESE CUPS I BOUGHT MY FIANCE. THEY ARE BOTH OF OUR FAVORITES AND I DONT THINK MY KIDS AND HIM SHOULD GO WITHOUT JUST BECAUSE I AM SO I STILL GET STUFF FOR THEM AND SO FAR I HAVE HAD THE WILL POWER TO NOT GO THERE. I JUST HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. I FEEL LIKE IM ON THE RIGHT PATH.

You are a strong woman!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Finally hit my first ten pound mark!!

All of the milestones along the way feel so good. I'm hoping to hit my 40 pounds lost mark soon. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Didn't eat ANY of the goodies at our Halloween potluck yesterday. Stayed with my normal healthy lunch that I brought from home. Today is my monthly visit with the doctor for weigh-in, BP & pulse checks, and discussion of my progress. On my scale this morning I was down another 4.5 lbs from last month so I'm confident that his scale won't be too much higher.

You are such an inspiration!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bought a dress...and planning to wear it! THAT IS HUGE FOR ME! I havn't bought a dress since 2006 and was at my heaviest then, but 79 pounds lost and I want to finally wear a dress:bigsmile:

I actually can't wait to wear a dress. I haven't worn one in years...and years...
  • emmapasse
    Options
    I did my Power 90 workout even though I've been slacking on it for a few days and really didn't want to do it. I feel much better for having done it though!