Off the wagon all week

Options
I don't know what my problem has been lately....all week long I have gone over my calories (I think anyway, haven't been logging). I have still been working out, only missed yesterday and Monday, and I will be going today, tomorrow and Sunday. But I log all day until dinner time and then I screw it up and just eat whatever I want and don't log it.

I feel like I just need that freedom of eating thoughtlessly again, of not measuring, of not resitricting myself, of not logging. I don't know if its the stress of starting school, my TOM being due next week, or maybe the fact that it's getting colder and darker earlier and I just want to snuggle in my jammies and eat.

Today we had a potluck at work, tomorrow we're having people over and I'm serving appetizers (and munching on candy most likely that we have to hand out) then going to the bar, then Sunday is my dad's birthday so that means cake and ice cream.

In the year and a half I've been here I think only one other time (when I was on vacay and staying at my boyfriends parents house where they have yummy food) have I fallen off the wagon like this. Since I am still working out and plan to start again on Monday is it really THAT bad? I feel like I need to just free myself this weekend and do what I want and get it out of my system so I can get back on track on Monday.

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Wow, 46 lbs lost that is pretty impressive. Congrats. Not really all that bad, it could be worse, but you can do better if you want. How bad do you want to get to your goal, should be the question you should ask yourself? That will determine if you need to "just free myself this weekend and do what I want and get it out of my system so I can get back on track on Monday. "

Good luck with your choices.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I know some people say this is a "lifestyle" but I think it's impossible to hold ourselves to huge constraints all the time. It sounds like you are planning a "limited" period of going all out, who knows it might even shake up your system a bit?!

Also you are still working out which is helping mitigate the "damage."

Good luck to you!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Don't wait to get yourself back in line. Look where you came from--46 lbs loss is huge! Do you really want to go backwards? Good luck to getting back on track, weighting and measuring and feeling good about yourself. This is just a minor setback if you get control now. :flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: