DON'T EAT HERE....

Options
13»

Replies

• crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It seems like no matter where I eat I cannot find anything to suit my tastes for less than 600 cal.

What I have been doing recently is exercising, eating a small lunch and breakfast with a light snack, and then keeping all my calories for a 1000 cal dinner at about 5pm. This lets me go out to eat with my family without losing my mind.

I should note that through this method I have been able to enjoy meals with my family and lose the ten pounds I gained over winter. all my clothing fits and I simply exercise to suit my diet (within reason of course).

For example, I'm going out for my little brother's 21st birthday tonight. My dinner will be cheese sticks, birthday cake and water since I'm the DD. I'm choosing to make that work rather than panic about it. And if it doesn't work, no worries, I go back to my diet tomorrow. It's only a problem when you let fear make you hate yourself. I have had plenty of binge days this summer (about 1 a week) and still lost weight.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Exactly... either work it into your totals or up your exercise to account for it. Not difficult.

This wasn't about whether it was difficult or not but realizing how many calories were in foods that you didn't think about before. Obviously I will either find a new solution or work it into my totals! But at 1034 for 6 wings, it isn't likely this will be added to my diary anytime soon if ever!!

You must have your daily cals set to 1200 sedimentary. I can see why it'd be an issue for you.

Absolutely Not!! I would be so hungry on a 1200 calorie diet!! I average 1550 a day. Working my way up to 1907 & adding heavier weights!
  • iLose2Gain
    Options
    It seems like no matter where I eat I cannot find anything to suit my tastes for less than 600 cal.

What I have been doing recently is exercising, eating a small lunch and breakfast with a light snack, and then keeping all my calories for a 1000 cal dinner at about 5pm. This lets me go out to eat with my family without losing my mind.

I should note that through this method I have been able to enjoy meals with my family and lose the ten pounds I gained over winter. all my clothing fits and I simply exercise to suit my diet (within reason of course).

A lot of restaurants have great meals under 600. Ex./ Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Fridays. I always look up the menu & pre-log before I go so I know what to eat & what to avoid!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Exactly... either work it into your totals or up your exercise to account for it. Not difficult.

This wasn't about whether it was difficult or not but realizing how many calories were in foods that you didn't think about before. Obviously I will either find a new solution or work it into my totals! But at 1034 for 6 wings, it isn't likely this will be added to my diary anytime soon if ever!!

You must have your daily cals set to 1200 sedimentary. I can see why it'd be an issue for you.

That's a weird statement. 1000 calories is a lot for most people. Most people don't eat more than 2000, so that's at least 1/2 days worth.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    And the worst part is that you're not even full after you eat them because there's such little bang for your caloric buck!

Huh? I eat 12 wings at BWW for dinner and I'm full until lunch the next day.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    And the worst part is that you're not even full after you eat them because there's such little bang for your caloric buck!

Huh? I eat 12 wings at BWW for dinner and I'm full until lunch the next day.
    Sounds like you need to head to Quaker Steak and Lube on Tuesday all-you-can-eat wing nights. I definitely get my money's worth for the night and my caloric needs for the week as I'm putting down at least 25 lol. Sooooo damn good! Thank goodness for marathon training helping to negate a fraction of a 2500+ calorie dinner
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    and the sodium content is as bad
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Make a couple of meals from it, don't eat it all at once. I still eat wings but we don't bread them and I only have 1 or 2.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I miss chicken wings but I don't miss being 265 lbs.

As an alternative, I now have boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in my favorite hot wing sauce with a little light ranch and a bunch of carrots and celery.

^^^ This!! We do the same thing here. Hubby and I realized it wasn't the wings we liked so much as the taste of chicken with the awesome hot wing sauce, so we make it with boneless skinless chicken breast. Yum!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I had a large sonic reeses blast last night... looked it up after eating it- 1700 calories... I was expecting like 1000(which would have left me like 200 to burn off)... I knew it was bad, just not that bad! but it was family night out first day my s.o. had off in two weeks so it was still good, n no guilt here, first time i've went over in the 30 days I've been here. just be aware! ; )

EDIT- it also had more than my daily goal for fat, plus sodium omg... but it's in my open diary feel free to peek n be disgusted by my gluttony.. : )
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    so eat the wings, and nothing else with it.

fats are yummy.

i bet there's a lot of sodium too.

I seem to be able to eat 18 at a time with ranch and a salad and still lose weight. Yay me.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Part of tracking cals is becoming aware of what you eat. Now you know what this is and you can plan around it. :)

Don't sweat it. One meal won't be the undoing of your whole lifestyle. Besides, if you don't have what you love once in a while, you'll go mad! So, enjoy them! Tomorrow is a new day.

(Just drink some water for all that salt :wink: )
  • iLose2Gain
    Options

That's a weird statement. 1000 calories is a lot for most people. Most people don't eat more than 2000, so that's at least 1/2 days worth.

^^Agreed! You are suppose to eat smaller meals throughout the day to reach your max calorie goal, not eat them all in 1 setting!
  • iLose2Gain
    Options
    Part of tracking cals is becoming aware of what you eat. Now you know what this is and you can plan around it. :)

Don't sweat it. One meal won't be the undoing of your whole lifestyle. Besides, if you don't have what you love once in a while, you'll go mad! So, enjoy them! Tomorrow is a new day.

(Just drink some water for all that salt :wink: )

Yes, it is good to become aware!! I didn't eat them!! I do have a cheat meal every week just not a 1500 calorie cheat meal! lol Even if it's fried, I try to max my cheat meal @ 700 but I mainly stay around 600. (A mexican pizza @ Taco Bell is 600 calories! :wink: )
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thats how I felt when I looked up "Moes" food... :sad:

I know, right? I love Moe's with a passion but just can't do it anymore.
  • HeatherRogersLeeds
    Options
    TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sesame Chicken strips, my favourite starter in the world - until I found out that they're about 950 calories JUST FOR THE STARTER! Before I even had the main course! Needless to say I haven't had them since :-(