Exercising before breakfast

Options
Myself I'm awake seven hours before breakfast, so i take advantage and walk an hour or more straight or in increments. I believe its a great way to start the day burning calories. Who else starts their day in a similar fashion?

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    you're awake 7 hours before breakfast? wouldnt that make it lunch? :bigsmile:

I try to at least get the dogs for a walk before i eat breakfast... it doesnt always happen but I always feel good after!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I work out about 1.5 hours before I eat breakfast. I'm usually not too hungry when I first get up in the morning, so this works well for me. I've read a lot where you should always eat something an hour or so before you work out but I haven't seen any negative effects from it in my case.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I wake up at o'dark thirty a couple of days a week and jog 4 miles. I live by the ocean and it's so incredible to smell the sea air and watch the sun come up while working out. Really a great way to start my day.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I absolutly have to have something before working out, even if it is just a glass of milk. How do you do it? :laugh:
  • poeticjustice_2001
    Options
    I read somewhere you're supposed to eat or drink as soon as you wake up, even if it's just water, to get your metabolism going for the day.
  • poeticjustice_2001
    Options
  • reefkeeper
    Options
    I would eat something. Waiting hours is not a good idea. After waking it has already been hours since you ate. Your body needs it.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I do drink water but I also do other exercises like wrestler bridges and V-up Situps minutes after I awake. I drink two glasses of water before and one glass after, it takes me 12 minutes to complete the bridges and sit-ups total. LOL at it being lunch time by then.