Simple. Healthy. Delicious. GO!

Options
2»

Replies

• utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i love celery sticks with philadelphia garden veggie cream cheese in them. either the regular or the 1/3 less fat. both are great.

i also like getting a slice of deli ham, a slice of swiss cheese and a pickle wedge, roll it up and viola ` delicious!

i love the fresh snap peas or even just garden peas raw. i eat them almost like candy so 20 pea pods is a great side or snack.

you can get the jiff creamy natural on the go packs and take an apple to dip in. great snack or use as meal. nice protein and its delicious.

cottage cheese and pineapple is also a favorite
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I'm excited to look through all the posts later.
    I'm a huge pinterest dork, so that's where I save all of the recipes that I have made or want to make. :tongue:

http://pinterest.com/ashalyn14/discover-health/
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salad (cucumbers, red/white onions, tomatoes, feta, etc... - Village Salad sort of)

Chopped spinach, diced mushrooms, minced Garlic, deydrated onion, with a splash of broth/stock, dressing, soy sauce or sesame oil. (I put this in a pan until everything is a glop - but I guess it could be served cold)

1oz (per person) No Yolks Noodles, boiled in 2 cups Chicken or Beef Broth/Stock seasoned with Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Top with 2 tsp's (per serving) of grated parmesan cheese. (I do this in the microvwave, done in 20 min)

100 cal Sandwich Thins topped with Mozzarella Cheese and Garlic Powder, then broiled for a few minutes.

Roast a pan of carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, cauliflower, or any combinatiom. I make enough for two or three meals and then I just warm them up when I need them.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thought of a few more:

1/2 of a Black Bean Burger, crumbled or cut (or just serve as 1/2) and mix in or top with salsa, corn, a tiny bit of sour cream.

Lettuce with salsa, corn and black beans

I have served chickenless nuggets as a side dish.

Egg whites with green pepper, mushroom, onion and/or chopped spinach mixed in. Add feta if you would like.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries. By them frozen or make your own.