help please!

Options
lately at the gym I notice about 5 minutes into my run that my stomach feels weird like acid-y and I don't know why I am not eating any super acidic foods and I wait 2 hours after lunch before I work out
Does this happen to anyone else?
Its really uncomfortable.. and today it was so bad I had to move my workout down two levels to even finish and that was still really hard.

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    I get this too. Usually it doesnt come until around mile 2 or 3 but I have NO idea why. I usually wait at least an hour after eating but that doesnt always help. Sorry, hopefully someone else can offer some good advice!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Tums?
  • Talieowl
    Talieowl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try NOT waiting so long after you've eaten. Don't run right after a huge meal, but you might want to try eating a LITTLE protein or healthy carbs just before the run and make sure you are adequately hydrated before and during the run. This used to be a problem for me when I did competitive swimming and eating just a bit before hand gave the acids something to do rather than eat into my stomach. If it keeps happening, you might want to discuss the possibility of acid reflux with your doctor.
  • fluffy21
    Options
    k I'll try that!
    thanks so much!