Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stuck for months

I've been stuck around 156-158 for months now, probably close to a year. Could I just be meant to be around this weight or is there something else I could do to start losing weight again?

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Have you had your body fat percentage measured recently, or at least compared yourself to some of the various photos that show what people typically look like at the different levels of fat?
  • channy22
    channy22 Posts: 33 Member
    Have you had your body fat percentage measured recently, or at least compared yourself to some of the various photos that show what people typically look like at the different levels of fat?

No, I have looked at pictures thought
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Ah. well sounds to me like you've plateau'ed it happens if you have cut your cals to far or over done it in some way also could be something as simple as not enough cals every day and not enough water. You should be eating about 1200 calories a day minium. Its weird but you actually need calories to lose weight watch what you eat still of course and maybe try for a cleaner diet :)
  • Just be thankful that you have been stuck at that weight. I have been stuck at 200 or higher I can't seem to get lower.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    How many calories are you eating per day and how often are you working out?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    This is purely speculation on my part, but it is similar to what happened to me so I am going with it. From what I gather from reading your profile you gained 20lbs in the last two years, and you have lost that 20lbs so now your body is at a familiar weight that it is comfortable with (even if you aren't). What I did when this happened to me is raised my calorie goal up to maintenance for about 10 days and then cut them back again. It worked for me after being stuck for 7 weeks back in April. Currently I'm in a 3 week stall and am trying this again. Hope this helps! =)
  • channy22
    channy22 Posts: 33 Member
    I had it at 1500 a day since i joined and for a few months i changed it to 1800 a day, then recently switched it back to 1500.