Hip area exercise?

Options
Can anyone sugest some exercise to target the hip area? I have large hips but would like to tone them down. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    running.

But generally, unless you're talking about fat, hips usually are defined by bone structure, you probably won't be able to change the size of them a ton. If it's fat you're talking about, well, you can't spot reduce fat. You have to just work hard and it will eventually go away.
  • schan
    schan Posts: 6
    Options
    Well, the guy at the gym makes me do lunges and squats - that certainly helps me! You can use your search engine to get video footage of how to do it properly 'cos if you don't do the exercises properly, they are not really effective (or so I'm told).

If you can do a sport like squash/ tennis/ badminton, that also helps as you have to lunge for the ball all the time and the element of competition keeps you lunging and leaping about even more!

However, I must agree with SHBoss - it may be bone structure, but we girlies can easily put on weight on the hips (sigh!).

Good Luck!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    running.

But generally, unless you're talking about fat, hips usually are defined by bone structure, you probably won't be able to change the size of them a ton. If it's fat you're talking about, well, you can't spot reduce fat. You have to just work hard and it will eventually go away.

Haha yes your right. I better start running then. Thanks Boss.
  • mammakisses
    Options
    Well, the guy at the gym makes me do lunges and squats - that certainly helps me! You can use your search engine to get video footage of how to do it properly 'cos if you don't do the exercises properly, they are not really effective (or so I'm told).

If you can do a sport like squash/ tennis/ badminton, that also helps as you have to lunge for the ball all the time and the element of competition keeps you lunging and leaping about even more!

However, I must agree with SHBoss - it may be bone structure, but we girlies can easily put on weight on the hips (sigh!).

Good Luck!
  • mammakisses
    Options

Good Luck!

Oh boy do I hate lunges. I guess I'll just take my time, think about my posture and just do it. I don't have court available to do tennis and such, but it sure sounds fun.

Thanks
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Run your *kitten* off!
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    literally!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    H Mammakisses, cardio is great and you can do toning exercises, specifically not with big weights, better with none except your own body bring this concern to your personal trainer.