Becoming Sober

Options
13»

Replies

• kaydensmom12
    Options
    Congrats!

Been clean and sober since July 2, 2009!
  • Debbiefit45
    Options
    Congrats on being sober & on your weight loss. I'm a recovering addict, and I love my program!!! Good luck!! Debbie
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey, we all have bad days. Just put the wheels back on the bike and get moving. You've already proven you can do this. Find out what the trigger was and slay it. You can and will do it. :wink: Feel free to add if you would like some support. I drank my brains out for 31 years. Quit in 2011.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    You can do this. get to a meeting and get a sponser.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I'm really not sure what came over me last night...but I went out and drank

75 days sober done...

Day 1, and going back to meetings tonight..

Relapse can happen, but its great that you are going to a meeting. Don't let it get too out of hand before you stop it.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    rushtogether,

Go to meetings, get a sponsor and work the program. One day at a time! 26 years, 11 months and 4 days sober for me. Life is much less complicated this way.
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's okay. Maybe the stress of putting your situation on here tipped you overboard. Just get back on that horse!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am not a recovering alcoholic. I am the daughter of an alcoholic who died from the disease. I just want to tell you what you are doing is amazing. I know you are doing this for yourself, but please understand how awesome this is for your family and friends. Loosing someone to this disease was the most painful thing I have ever had to endure. Watching my father destroy himself almost destroyed me, his only daughter. I love to hear success stories. Congratulations! You are an amazing person who deserves a healthy and happy life. Keep moving forward. I am sure unless you are a recovering alcoholic a person can't understand what an accomplishment 75 days is, but I know its huge. Thank you for loving yourself and loving your family, and realizing how important you are to everyone who knows and loves you.

This. Just wanted to say thanks for saying this. Same boat, except mine hasn't passed yet (just waiting for the call..).
    It truly is an amazing accomplishment to stop drinking. I'm proud of you all, you are so strong!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure what came over me last night...but I went out and drank

75 days sober done...

Day 1, and going back to meetings tonight..

No worries dude. Just get back to it.

And this. Don't let one day off discourage you. Similar to our struggle to lose weight (though I'm sure not even close to as tough as quitting drinking), just address it and move on with your goal, don't let it happen again.
  • alibel
    alibel Posts: 3
    Options
    rushtogether,

Go to meetings, get a sponsor and work the program. One day at a time! 26 years, 11 months and 4 days sober for me. Life is much less complicated this way.

YES & congrats CRoddy.

rushtogether, Recovery is sourced from the inside-out and it's impossible to solve the problem with the same thinking that got us in that problem. Since we cannot teach ourselves what we do not know getting a sponsor and *working* the program are key.

I applaud you for being honest and accountable for your slip, it takes time and practice to get good at anything. You have lots of support, and you know where to go and who to call. You may be powerless, but you are never hopeless or helpless :)
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    "I" get drunk, "WE" stay sober. Stick together, if you have a program use it, use your sponsor, get phone numbers, get to meetings. MEETING MAKERS MAKE IT.....I know I let my meetings go and relapsed. Together, we can do this.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Day 1's are hard.

The first 30 days are hard.

Pushing yourself to work a program & get into a rhythm takes work.

But... keep this in mind...

Day 1000 was easy, so was day 1001, 1002 and 1195.

No one said that recovery is easy, but every day gets a little bit easier & pretty soon the worst day of your sober life is easier than the best day of your drinking life.

The point is, don't fall into the trap of repeating Day 1's and first 30's.