I have an evil twin on Facebook

Options
Azdak
Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
I was doing a google search on my name and came up with a Facebook page for someone with my exact name. I clicked on it and read this under the general areas of interest:
Snowwater Heli ski & boarding, valhalla powdercats, Peak Video Productions / Freeride Promotions, Big Bike Adventure 2012, LOFT, Ron Paul, FreedomWorks, Inua Development, Graffiti Me Race Series, Stop Obama's Unconstitutional Appointments

This is not to argue the relative merits of his political opinions, only to note they are the exact opposite of mine, so it was odd seeing these things written after "my" name.

Anyone else ever find an "evil twin" on Facebook?

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Would you say you have a common or uncommon name? If the latter, then that is even more bizarre...

o_o *goes to check*

AUGH, I have several people with my name... and one of them has an addition last name of someone I dislike. Ew.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I have an uncommon name. There is a woman with my name that is a well advertised "dancer". Makes me alittle nervous with me being in such a conservative profession. :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    My friend, John used to friend everyone with his name. One wacky April fools they all decided to change their profile pic to the same pic. It was a confusing day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was doing a google search on my name and came up with a Facebook page for someone with my exact name. I clicked on it and read this under the general areas of interest:
    Snowwater Heli ski & boarding, valhalla powdercats, Peak Video Productions / Freeride Promotions, Big Bike Adventure 2012, LOFT, Ron Paul, FreedomWorks, Inua Development, Graffiti Me Race Series, Stop Obama's Unconstitutional Appointments

This is not to argue the relative merits of his political opinions, only to note they are the exact opposite of mine, so it was odd seeing these things written after "my" name.

You assume you are not the evil twin. :-)

I'm the only me on Facebook so far. I do know there is at least one other person in the US with my name, but I've never seen a FB profile for her.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My friend, John used to friend everyone with his name. One wacky April fools they all decided to change their profile pic to the same pic. It was a confusing day.

That is too funny. I wonder how they all got together and planned that? Now I'm thinking of about 30 people named John _____, they all have each other's emails saved under a group so they just have to type "The Johns" to email them all at once.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

You assume you are not the evil twin. :-)

But, of course.......:happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have a very unusual first name, so unusual that I have never in my entire life met anyone with my name. So imagine my surprise to discover other people with the name online! We even have a Facebook group, and have friended one another on facebook. So far no evil name twins :smile:
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    No. My name is so unique that no one on this side of the hemisphere would come up.... but in Romania it might be a different story, except I already tried it and yeah too unique.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I found a few with my name. One was wearing a NASCAR cap and her interests pretty much revolve around gambling, so she's mine!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Well, I lied. I haven't looked in a while and I just did and found three more of me.

And one graduated the same year I did. I sent her a FR. I hope she doesn't think I'm a creepy stalker.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    When I Google my name (which is not a common name) some dumb girls myspace page comes up with the dumbest *kitten* written all over it and I'm terrified someone will Google me and mistake the page as mine.
  • rml_16
    Options
    When I Google my name (which is not a common name) some dumb girls myspace page comes up with the dumbest *kitten* written all over it and I'm terrified someone will Google me and mistake the page as mine.

When I Google my name, I get a lot of links to newspaper articles I wrote a long time ago. The other me is a Ph.D. or something, so either way I look pretty good.
  • Miriam74
    Miriam74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's pretty bad when you Google your name and find an obituary notice for someone with the same name!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am the only me. :D My husband's mother is Mary though... horrible woman. LOL Hey, I'm not just being mean. He dislikes her also. :P
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Christina Santiago---uuummmm....Playboy bunny comes up
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My full name is pretty uncommon but my Mom found someone else with my same name on FB and of course I had to add her as a friend! It's all fine and dandy except when I see that I posted something that I'm like wtf, when did I do that?!...only to realize it's the other me! Her friend messaged me one day because she couldn't believe there is really 2 of us and found out that apparently the other me said she gets confused seeing my posts too!!! lmao!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have an incredibly common name. So much so that even in my incredibly tiny home town, I'd have to give additional information to verify my identity when picking up prescriptions.

There are lots of evil mes out there on Facebook.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

When I Google my name, I get a lot of links to newspaper articles I wrote a long time ago. The other me is a Ph.D. or something, so either way I look pretty good.

lucky!

here are some examples of comments left on her profile..

Y0O CHiCKADEE MiSS YAH HUNN...HOW ARE YOUH DOiN??? i SOO CANT WAiT UNTiL WE CAN CHiLL BECAUSE i WiLL GET YOUR *kitten* PiSS DRUNK ...&+ YOU WiLL BE LOViN iT L0L..BUT HOPEFULLY i WiLL GET MY FONE SOON SO i CAN GiVE YAH MY NUMBER SO WE CAN TEXT EACH OTHER L0L...THAT SOUNDS LiKE FUNN L0L..<3

and another..

KK B00 B00 ..L0L WELL i DUNNO iF iMA BE COMMiN UP DERE NOW BECAUSE i HAVE A LOT OF **** TO DO BEFORE i GO BACK TO SCHOOL..i HAVE TO GO SHOPPiN &+ **** TO GET STUFF FOR SCHOOL..BUT DEFF KEEP iN TOUCH WiTH ME MAYBE YOUH CAN COME DOWN AFTER THE HOLiDAYS TO CHiLL iF YAH WANNA...<3 YAH CHiCKEN HEAD UR GiRL ALWAYS LiL JACKiW <3
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    There is no one on earth who shares my exact name. :)

So I have no evil twins or good twins.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Also someone named Christina Santiago in nearby Indiana who worked in Chicago, same age as me, got killed in a storm while at a concert last year. I had people on FB messaging my husband asking if that was me!