Do You Ever...

Options
...Have one of those days where you can just feel it in your bones that you're going to binge or completely stray from your diet?

I'm generally very loyal to my diet. I rarely binge, and when I do it's usually a situation where I've planned to go out and eat a certain dinner or what have you. It's rarely due to spur of the moment lack of control.

But tonight I'm starving!!!!! And I have this sense of dread hanging over me, like I'm doomed to fail.

What do you do to avoid straying in situations likes these?

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Like you feel bottomless?

I struggle with it too
  • readyforchange
    readyforchange Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to say to myself in those situations are "Dont give up what you want, for what you want right now" ! Hope that helps!!
  • JESS2B115
    Options
    MINE USUALLY HAPPEN WHEN I AM SO STRESSED OUT I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. LIKE TONIGHT!!!! I JUT FEEL LIKE EATING CHOCOLATE!!!
  • patrice27
    Options
    That happens to me right before the number on the scale changes-- remembering that helps me resist (sometimes)
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery or on a couple of cracker. Chew slowly and drink water between bites.:flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something I like that is good for me like frozen peas or fresh celery and then drink a glass of water and go for a walk.. Usually getting my mind off of it and refocusing really helps! Hang in there, you can do it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That happens to me right before the number on the scale changes-- remembering that helps me resist (sometimes)

that is a nice affirmation for my mirror, thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    This is what I do....

First off, you know how people have a bad day at work and take it out on their families? Well... emotional eaters take it out on their refrigerators! I try to ask myself what is really going on, and try to deal with that. Sometimes I will call a friend and vent (a friend who inspires my journey!!) Also, I will work on my favorite hobby--- scrapbooking. I picked this up when my nephew was born and am always very excited about making new pages. When I start working on it, I quickly forget about the food.
  • LisaLGK
    Options
    I have this happen once a month...
    What helps me is to make hot air popcorn with a few sqirts of spray butter and "No-Salt". (tastes just like regular salt)
    I have sucessfully gotten down to 108 pounds by doing this, among many other things.
    Also, for my chocolate "fix", I have sugar-free fudgcicles or a cup of Swiss Miss "Diet 25 Calories" hot chocolate with a spoonful of fat-free whipped topping on it.

I keep plenty of fresh fruit and veggies around, and clean/cut up the veggies as soon as you buy them so that all you have to do is reach in and grab them when a craving hits.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    These are some good ideas. :flowerforyou:
    I come here & check all the threads, especially the success stories. Sometimes I just look at people's profiles. :bigsmile:
    I'm not really a stalker...
    :blushing:
    I just love to see how people are progressing - some faster, some slower, but everyone making healthier decisions.
    Then I've lost my appetite for indulgence.
    :bigsmile:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Thanks guys! These were some excellent ideas, and I definitely put a few of them to use. I'm happy to report that I was a good girl and finished out the night on target! What ended up helping was to exercise, drink some water, eat a nice big salad, and get my mind focused on other activities. Thanks for your responses, everyone! It's so much easier to get through the tough spots when you know you're not alone.