Options

Replies

• AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    SAVE THE HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY :blushing:
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    Me! I adopted a race horse. LOVE him! :)

ME TOO!! i love OTTBs, and i've had several. my guy is 13 this year. i've had him since he was a 6 yr old. we do some lower level dressage, hunter on the flat, and trail ride.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I was a competitive hunter jumper for most of my childhood/adolescence! Quit when I went to college, but my jumper's still munching grass in my backyard. His back is sloped and his belly's a little rounder now though. :)
  • gryphalkon
    Options
    Haven't ridden in a few years due to college. But I've had a few horses over the years. I mainly did eventing and trail riding, also did pony club. Miss it a ton and can't to start up again!
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't own a horse but I'm currently in the market for my first! I do a lot of english pleasure riding and this spring I'm going to start showing locally!
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looks like the hunter/jumpers have it. Personally I'm a trail rider. Did crew for a Endurance team, lots of fun and good competition. Happy trails to all of you.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've ridden a horse once in my life, when I was younger and my dad said I could have lessons. Lol of course he only took me to one.

I'm going to visit family on my mom's side in Arkansas in about a month and I'm very excited to go horseback riding!!
  • Kay684
    Kay684 Posts: 2
    Options
    I currently have an 8 year old gelding that I show in western pleasure, hunter under saddle and showmanship on the paint circuit.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I wish. Still horse crazy after all these years.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a dressage rider, but as my horse has gone lame and is being retired from the arena, I have been taking hunter jumper lessons while he gets some trail training for a rehoming. I actually love it - who knows, maybe eventing is next on my horsey agenda!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've been riding since I was 5. I started out hunter-jumper and did that for 10 years until I moved to Florida and found that saddlebreds were more popular than hunter-jumpers. So I switched. I ended up getting a horse, and rode Country Pleasure and competed a lot all over Florida. When I moved back north, my parents sold my horse and I was devastated. He was a real beauty of a chestnut gelding, 16.2 hands... Loved him to death...
    Anyway, joined my college's equestrian team and got back onto hunter-jumper. Haven't ridden much since college, but still in my blood. My great grandfather used to train horses... My grandmom was raised around horses and so, it continued....
  • travismartin123
    Options
    all the time, playdays, roping, ranch work, doctoring cows, all the good stuff.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oh, this makes me miss riding so badly! i had a beautiful bay arab gelding years ago and we did dressage together, but owning a horse got too time (and money!) consuming. i grew up with horses since i was 7 and abruptly stopped when it became too much responsibility, and i miss it every time i think about it.

enjoy your crazy muscular legs and butts, current riders!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Trail riding. But, what I love the most is to hug their necks and sniff the heavenly smell that they have. As a true horse lover, I even love the smell of manure.
  • Nikki_Nx
    Nikki_Nx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've ridden from a very young age, but haven't done so.....Ooooh for a good 20 yrs or so...had a fall and although it didn't put me off riding I did hurt my back and had problems for weeks after, and basically didn't go back to it.....so my goal (cos I'm too heavy to ride) is to get back into horse-riding....my children both ride and it would be fab if we could go out riding together...would love to own my own horse(s), so am really envious of those that do. I never rode for competition tho', always just for pleasure.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I rode from 11 to 29... Then I got married - I'm sure not riding is why I put on this weight... Had loads of horses at a time... When I was younger i did it all, but then concentrated on Dressage - Love it!
    Was sooooooooooooo happy to see GB get gold and as for Charlotte Dujardin.... Well that's another world - one I'd like to try!!!
    Trying to get back into it now, but it's difficult here, not so many high end trainers/riders...
    Will have to try to take more trips for riding lessons, lol!
  • RondaK1
    RondaK1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    trail rider and potential gaming maybe team roping my horse is still somewhat green
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did show jump when I was a kid, loved it!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I enjoy riding, but don't get to do it often. My 14 y o daughter, however, is very passionate about horses. We own an Arab that, for several reasons, we keep at a farm about an hour away. We get over there about once a week so my daughter can ride her. She also works on a nearby farm several days a week, gets lessons there, and is able to get some ride time in close to home. We will be heading out to a 4h fair this weekend where she will compete in the Western games.
  • BarbACona
    Options
    I wish! I have wanted a horse since I was a little girl. This morning I was walking by a barn and heard a horse whinny and it made me long for one of my own again. How different my life as a child and young girl would have been with a horse to love and take care of! Count yourself lucky that you have this wonderful facet to your life and have a wonderful day!