Weight that's gained quickly?

Options
We've all heard that you're supposed to lose weight slowly because it's more likely to stay off permanently rather than come off temporarily and go right back on as soon as you're "diet" is over.

So, does that mean that weight that's gained quickly is more likely to come off quickly, too? Just wondering if anyone knows? :wink:

Replies

• dldodson75
    Options
    hahaha I wish it did but can testify it does not!!! :blushing: I can gain so quick ugh :grumble:
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends on how much weight you need to lose. I gained about 60 pounds in 9 months. That is an average of 6.6 pounds per month. It was basically do to some meds I was taking. However, I have been able to lose 20 pounds in two month, but I don't think I will be losing as much so quickly in the future. I am pacing myself to lose about a 1 pounds per week until I reach my goal in about 10 to 11 months. It is going to be hard, but it's not impossible. Crossing fingers. :ohwell:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I think it depends how much you has to lose my husband says the easy fat comes off first- But the other fat is the one you have to put extra work into
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The more recently you've gained the fat, the more (relatively) easily you'll lose it. This is because body fat has a blood supply however because the tissue isn't very metabolically active (burns very few calories to maintain itself and doesn't do anything other than wait to be used as energy) over time the blood supply deminishes. Once fat has been sitting there for a long time, it's a lot harder for the body to tap into that fat for energy because the blood supply isn't there, ready and waiting. Bodies are very efficient and if the tissue isn't being used, the body won't keep up maintenance on circulatory components for no reason. This is why we lose fat first from where we gained it most recently, and this is why fat that has been on our bodies for a decade or more can be EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of. Does that all make sense??
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    The more recently you've gained the fat, the more (relatively) easily you'll lose it. This is because body fat has a blood supply however because the tissue isn't very metabolically active (burns very few calories to maintain itself and doesn't do anything other than wait to be used as energy) over time the blood supply deminishes. Once fat has been sitting there for a long time, it's a lot harder for the body to tap into that fat for energy because the blood supply isn't there, ready and waiting. Bodies are very efficient and if the tissue isn't being used, the body won't keep up maintenance on circulatory components for no reason. This is why we lose fat first from where we gained it most recently, and this is why fat that has been on our bodies for a decade or more can be EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of. Does that all make sense??

Absolutely, thanks! :flowerforyou: