NSV - Fast Food

:laugh: You want me to pick something up for dinner?
:bigsmile: Sure.
:laugh: What do you want?
:bigsmile: I don't care. You pick.
:laugh: Burger King?
:bigsmile: No
:laugh: McDonalds?
:bigsmile: No, we had that yesterday.
:laugh: Well, you pick something then.
:bigsmile: Wendy's?
:laugh: No, had that for lunch. Sonic?
:bigsmile: No, Arby's?
:laugh: No, what about Popeyes chicken?
:bigsmile: Get the 12 piece, two orders of the cajun shrimp, 6 biscuits, large mashed potatoes, and a french fry.
:laugh: Want anything to drink?

We haven't had this nightly conversation in 10 weeks....

Replies

• KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Way to go!
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    :)

I love this. Being a single dad though I only had to internalise this conversation. The problem being I had ZERO brakes, so it'd start off being a little hungry and maybe get some chips, to ordering a super size Papa Johns Pizza with wings and all sorts of other sides. :)
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    This cracked me up! I remember this conversation, except with a few more "I don't know, what do you want?" phrases. :laugh:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    10 weeks! Good for you! Freedom from fast food. Feels good doesn't it?
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Damn right. Sat in a Burger King today and had a diet coke. No burger, no fries, no afters, just a diet coke. And it was excellent :)
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    My husband is getting used to saying "let's go to five guys, oh wait - kebby's calories" - lol. I enjoy that stuff sometimes but I have to plan for it. I take him to somewhere with a salad bar and he can go to town on the junk while I have a salad.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Very familiar! and the funniest part to me was "I don't care, you pick."......"No"......."No"...

Always drives me batty! "YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T CARE!" LOL!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    I haven't had fast food in so long....what is it again...lol! But...my kids are coming to visit next week and want to do Chic-fil-a....good thing they have salads and grilled chicken!
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Damn right. Sat in a Burger King today and had a diet coke. No burger, no fries, no afters, just a diet coke. And it was excellent :)

Not sure I have that much will power yet... for now I just have to keep my distance.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member

Not sure I have that much will power yet... for now I just have to keep my distance.

When you think you have built it up just do it... It is very empowering to order a drink at a fast food place and feel disgusted with the smells and crap inside those places.
  • vonsay
    vonsay Posts: 31
    That's funny! This is how my conversation goes with my boyfriend.

4am (him getting off of work). What to you want to eat?
    Me: nothing
    Him: nothing?
    Me: nothing
    Him: you sure??
    Me: NOTHING!!
    Him: nothing at all??
    Me: sighhh, subject change..

After two months of this he is still testing me constantly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!