Just thinking....

Options
My son had surgery Thursday. Last time I got exercise was Wednesday night, I walked about two miles. Since then nothing. I've managed to stay Right at or slightly over (I mean like 10 cals over) my calories. My son is still recovering (circumcision on a 6 year old). I'm finding it hard to get exercise because he's been up all night, and when he finally goes back to sleep, I can't. I've maintained my weight. Yet, my son won't be up and around for about another 2 -3 days, and I'm so exhausted during the day, I find it hard to do anything other than the musts...aka clean, cook, etc. While I think for now, until he's back at school, I should just let things be, and watch my calorie intake, and not stress too much about the exercise, I feel guilty about it. Can anyone else relate... if so, what'd you do to make yourself feel at ease...if anything? Thankfully it's Halloween tomorrow, I'll be taking a wagon for the kids, so hopefully they won't get too tired too soon and we can do the full 2-3 hours, I think that would help...but uh oh...there's all that temptation...ugh...good thing I don't like sweets...lol. ANYWAY...if you have any advice on the most important issue, lack of exercise associated with a sick/ill/resting child, and how you put the guilt of not exercising at ease. Thanks as always everyone.

ALC

PS Have an awesome Halloween, and to those who don't celebrate, have an awesome weekend!

Replies

• stephcheers
    Options
    From one mom to another; There is no greater sacrifice than to be a mom and no greater joy.
    :flowerforyou:
    Don't worry. You are focused and driven to be the best mom you can be. You are preserving your energy to take care of your little guy. I love to exercise too and can completely relate to the frustration of not getting it to fit into my busy schedule.
    Hang in there you'll be back to your routine soon.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think you right, just lay low and watch your cals. My kids had H1N1 two weeks ago and I missed 5 days of working out. but when you have kids you have to do whats best for them. Good luck with ur poor son, I knw he has to be in a lot of pain and where the location of the surgery is a breeding ground for infection so keep us informed. :flowerforyou:
  • Amber42803
    Options
    Just thought I'd post an update to this ... My boy is doing alright. We just found out that my nephew has poison oak or ivy, unsure, and my son had been around him on Halloween, playing video games, and who knows what else they touch and shared, I've seen no signs of it, and hope it stays that way. Otherwise though, he's doing good.

Me on the other hand, Not entirely sure I'm still at a 15 pound weight loss. I'm afraid to step on the scale. I've been trying to watch the calories, but am having a hard time logging on, or even looking at nutrition facts right now. So, I'm trying the don't eat too much approach. I've just been eating whatever I make the kids, because making myself a different meal is too much for now. Hopefully I haven't gained much...or what would be better, nothing. So, for now, I'm signing off. Just thought I'd write you a quick update on the subject.

Thanks again for the support!

ALC