Is this bad?

Options
I just worked out at about 5:00 this evening for about an hour. I burned about 500 calories. I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a hectic day with getting ready for Halloween and stuff, so I was thinking of getting up early, like 6:00 am to workout again. Is that too close together? Do I need to rest longer than that?

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    no thats fine- Enjoy your am workout
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It actually depends on what your workout was today and what your plan is for tomorrow. If you did a serious weight training session then your body won't be in a good chemical state to train 13 hours later. If you did cardio it's not as big an issue, but if you can it would still be best to do a different type of training. You gain your benefits of training during rest, not during the active training itself. :wink:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    It actually depends on what your workout was today and what your plan is for tomorrow. If you did a serious weight training session then your body won't be in a good chemical state to train 13 hours later. If you did cardio it's not as big an issue, but if you can it would still be best to do a different type of training. You gain your benefits of training during rest, not during the active training itself. :wink:

I ran on the treadmill for 35 minutes....about 3 miles (give or take), and then I did a Cardio Core DVD at home.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    no,have fun
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    no,have funsorry dont know why it posted twice
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I just worked out at about 5:00 this evening for about an hour. I burned about 500 calories. I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a hectic day with getting ready for Halloween and stuff, so I was thinking of getting up early, like 6:00 am to workout again. Is that too close together? Do I need to rest longer than that?
    Not necessarily bad! Yesterday I did hr on the elliptical (600cals) @10am b/c I had the morning off. At 5:30pm I swam for 41 mins (40 laps 330 cals). Felt fine...But did 1hr on the elliptical tonight around 6:00 & definitely felt less energetic than usual. So just listen to your body :)
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello Twilight1542, wow 40 laps is it an olympic size pool either way you swim like a fish that's awesome. I guess it would be an olympic size unless you swim in slowmo that would also be cool to watch actually better cause that would be weird.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Hello Twilight1542, wow 40 laps is it an olympic size pool either way you swim like a fish that's awesome. I guess it would be an olympic size unless you swim in slowmo that would also be cool to watch actually better cause that would be weird.

I have no clue if it's olympic size or not but I suppose it would be since it's the one at my gym : p/ Although I'm pretty sure I was the slowest person there... *LOL*