WHY IS IT.....

Options
I DO GREAT ALL DAY THEN I GET HOME AFTER A 12 HOUR SHIFT AND JUST EAT ANYTHING BAD FOR ME.....I DONT KNOW IF ITS THIS NEW JOB...MY CALORIES WERE CUT TO 1200 I HAVE 150 LEFT AND 3 HRS LEFT AT WORK A LONG DRIVE HOME TOO.....ANY ADVICE???

Replies

• jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I think it's a habit of eating at that particular time. Try chewing gum. That way you have something in your mouth and don't have to eat anything. It usually works for me. I have to find some kind of distraction.
  • miaangel345
    Options
    It's best to exercise, then you can eat more calories!
    Maybe jog a little before work or do a dance video routine or hit the gym!

Then u'd have let's say 400 calories left to eat instead of 150 and you can get your nutrients without feeling guilty about it, good luck to you!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Maybe, you can pre package some foods like celery, carrots, hummus, apples, pears, and the like for snacks, then if you eat them you'll be throwing away alot of food then you'll learn your lesson lol seriously those are some suggestions. Hope that helps some.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    LoL at myself ofcourse I meant to say if you dont eat them hahaha.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    12 hour shifts are really tough for eating healthy and exercising. I've been there. Bringing healthy low-cal snacks to work helps; then when you get home hopefully somebody will have made supper for you :love: If not, have something in your fridge that you can quickly nuke, like a hearty bowl of soup. I used to do a lot of cooking on my days off because the 2 days and 2 nights I worked I had no energy for anything else.
  • ROSSMARIE
    Options
    It is the same for me I just dive straight for the munchies but I learned to replace the bad munchies with the good.... go to http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/best-packaged-foods-for-women?cat=15629 have a list of the foods to eat that will satisfy the tase buds and not go overboard