Hi, new to Fitness Pal

Options
Giff
Giff Posts: 5 Member
I heard about this site from friend and I love it. It's so easy to keep track of my eating and I didn't realize how bad I was eating until I started keeping track of it. I have struggled with my weight for years, when I was younger I started some bad habits and haven't kicked them all yet. I have always had jobs that require me to stay in shape. I have stayed in decent shape, but it could be a lot better. Well I just wanted to say hi to everyone, feel free to post back and say hi.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I heard about this site from friend and I love it. It's so easy to keep track of my eating and I didn't realize how bad I was eating until I started keeping track of it. I have struggled with my weight for years, when I was younger I started some bad habits and haven't kicked them all yet. I have always had jobs that require me to stay in shape. I have stayed in decent shape, but it could be a lot better. Well I just wanted to say hi to everyone, feel free to post back and say hi.

Hi Giff, and welcome! :drinker:
    I was the same way as you when I first came here. I LOVED it, and STILL DO! :love:
    All I needed was to see in print exactly HOW MUCH I was putting into my mouth. It WAS
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi Giff, and welcome! :drinker:
    I was the same way as you when I first came here. I LOVED it, and STILL DO! :love:
    All I needed was to see in print exactly HOW MUCH I was putting into my mouth. It WAS

QUITE the eye opener! Once I started working with my numbers through better food choices and exercise, the weight started coming off! Hopefully, you'll find it the same way! :smile:
    Sorry for my "oops", musta hit the wrong button! :laugh:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome to this site! I've also had some bad habits that started so far back I can't even remember when, but this site has helped me to kick some of them! (I'm still working on the rest.) But good luck to you on reaching your goals!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Giff, glad you joined. I am back after several months of backsliding. The food diary and water were the two biggest factors in me losing 10 lbs last Winter. I hope to do it again and then lose the rest of my goal:) See you round, denise in Oregon:)
  • tangib
    tangib Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Giff!

Welcome! I'm new here too! I just started yesterday! If you ever want to chat just give me a shout!
  • Giff
    Giff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice. I have one week down and am enjoying it. Good luck to you all
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. :)