back/joint pain during this weight loss process?

Options
I have 2 ruptured discs in my back and deal with chronic pain everyday. Therefore I'm limited in what kinds of exercises I can do. This can make this awesome high impact exercise programs a "no go" for me. I have to focus on low impact exercises which can get boring and weight loss is slower it seems. Its hard to stay focused and exercise when I'm in pain.Anyone else deal with these issues? If so, do you have any advice? I'm only 30 and have been dealing with the pain for at least 7 yrs and a mom of three boys. My back can't handle any extra weight and my goal is to lose 15 lbs. I've struggled the past 2 yrs to get the extra weight off. Help! Not only do I want to be fit, but I need to be able to keep walking and is frustrating with 3 active boys. I want to beat this pain and reach this goal:) Help anyone?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can try taking MSM for joint pain.

EmergenC has a mix with MSM that's perfect considering that MSM absorbs best when taken with Vitamin C.

Also check with your doctor and physical therapist on ideas
  • frmeital
    frmeital Posts: 36
    Options
    First of all you can get an excellent and safe high impact workout by swimming. As foe the ruptured disc, there are spinal decompression exercises that are very helpful as pain relief and for speeding up recovery, you can some good ones here:

http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/spinal-decompression-exercises/