NSV that I finally felt like posting about!

Options
Angylgrrl
Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
Hello all!

So today I had my first NSV that I was really proud of and felt like sharing.

I do my cardio on the elliptical because I had knee surgery last year and feel like the low impact is better for my knees, especially since I am still 'too much person', as I like to say.

When I started seriously tracking using MFP in late June/early July, I did about 30 minutes at a maximum resistance of 4 and the machine said my distance would be anywhere from 2 to just barely 3 miles. I have slowly been adding minutes and upping the resistance over the last few weeks as I get more fit. I've been trying out HIIT intervals of 30 seconds during my lower resistance sections of my program for the last 2 weeks.

Today, I did my workout on the elliptical and felt awesome! I was able to do 2 HIIT intervals during each low resistance section for about 3/4 of my workout, which felt great. But, more importantly for me, I was able to go 4.01 miles in 36 minutes! I always subtract 20% off of the machine's calorie burn because I know it overestimates and I don't have a heart monitor yet. But I burned over 550 calories during my workout! I feel really accomplished, and just wanted to share!

Big changes are coming!

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    well done, keep up the good work! :smile:
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    That's awesome!! Keep it up!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Fabulous! Love fitness nsv's :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Hi...That is an awesome burn you got in! Way to go on going that far and long. Keep it up!
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical! You have done a wonderful job and keep at it...you will be amazed at how much you end up doing. I love the aerobic mode on one of them at my gym. Gives you a full body work out
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was just so pumped, I had to share!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Great work and effort, keep it going!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!