Any 12wbt's out there going it alone?

Howdy all,
My name is Bec, I’m at week 10 of my first round of the Michelle Bridges 12wbt. I have enjoyed the program but I just can not justify the cost of another round. So I’ve printed out EVERY exercise program. Beginner to lean and Strong, Outdoor and Gym. I printed every recipe and fact sheet. I think I can say I have got my monies worth. I am happy with my weight loss and Fitness achievements I have had on the program. I have lost weight before but I have never seen the changes in my body like I have on 12wbt. I have even started running.

Ok so a bit about me……I’m happily married, I am a working Mum. My daughter is 8. Hubbie and I are both overweight but we are both really making the effort to change our lifestyle. He has lost nearly 10kgs. He is following Body Trim. I too lost a lot of weight last year on BT but I found it way to restrictive and I felt like crap without carbs and once I fell off the BT wagon I put nearly all the weight back on.

I’m half way to goal and I think I’ve learnt the tools to go it alone. I will however miss the forums so I though I would give the MFP ones a go since I’m on the web site tracking my calories everyday anyway.

Is there anyone else out there going it alone after the 12wbt? Has anyone continued their success after leaving the 12wbt?

Replies

• mclisamclisa
    mclisamclisa Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Bec!

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I too am on my first round of 12WBT and was wondering if I could afford to continue for another round....I have only just decided not to and have been busily printing out all the exercise plans as well to go it alone :)

I've been using mfp to track my calories but not anything else, once the 12wbt is over I'll switch to here completely and update my stats and start the 12wbt round three with just me ;)

Well done on your results so far, I have seen improvement and like you, am now learning to run....it's hard but worth it!

Will keep my eye out for you here on these forums!

Good luck!

Lisa Mc
  • Hi Bec & Lisa,

Glad you started this Bec, I think it's what we need to keep us on track away from 12wbt. Maybe we can continue the wednesday weigh in here?
    Cheers,
    Libby
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    How much have you ladies lost doing 12wbt? Do you think its worth doing 1 round at least?
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    I will be going it alone after the round is up and even tho I have lost weight over the past 10 weeks, I don't attribute it to 12wbt. Its given me the kick-start to track what I eat again and a frame work to work by in terms of clean eating, but I have not been following it very well.

I'm not far from my goal weight and I plan to continue to use MFP to track calories and increase my cals to maintenance once I get to goal.

I have emailed support and admin about various things and posted on the help message board and don't get replies. I am sick of the generic emails and being close to goal if I did do another round I would get the "try harder" ones because my weight loss won't be big and the emails are automatically sent based on what you put in your stats. I don't feel as tho i have my money's worth especially when some of the recipes are so basic its not really a recipe (eg egg on toast). The calorie counts are often wrong also.

I also won a prize in one of the early weeks and have not received it yet.

The thing that cemented me not coming back was that round 3 is starting straight after with no break. I believe it was a $$$ orientated thing not to help the members. I don't think it is coincidence that accelerator days are started towards the end of the rounds to get bigger numbers on the scales... if it was a weight loss thing and good long term then why wouldn't they do them from the start? my view is that stats show that people who joined who dropped off during the round recommit for the last few weeks and with the acc days they see big numbers, and thus join the next round, increasing $$ for the business.

She spent a few days recording new videos that will be used for the round. A few days work to do the vids and re-word the snip tips and challenges/surprises.... how ever many members paying $200 with up to 50% dropping out I would guess (the forums don't have many new posts in the last few weeks), not a bad wage for a few days work.

My opinion only. Each to their own.
  • Hi all,

I think you are pretty right about some of your concerns "It's my choice". I suppose at the end of the day 12wbt is a business & there to make $ for MB.

I've enjoyed the program, especially the support and have seen it as a good info gathering exercise & have printed out masses of stuff to use myself.

I also really need the accountabilty of the wednesdays and the fitness tests but we can do all that here for free! :)

Cheers
    Libby
  • Hi Suzie,
    I think its worth it, although I've only lost 5 kg or so, because I've lost 30 cm overall and increased my fitness and thats what really counts for me and I've found the accountability of it all suited me. I've also connected with lots of people both on the forums and locally to exercsie with.

But, if you are good at counting calories and can get out & exercise then you wont get a whole lot extra out of it. You can buy Michelles cookbooks if you want to make the 1200 cal a day target super easy.

I still have along way to go and will be using what i learnt as well MFP to keep dropping weight.
    Libby

How much have you ladies lost doing 12wbt? Do you think its worth doing 1 round at least?