Recommend a good blender

Options
My blender sucks, and so has every blender I've ever owned. Can someone recommend one that won't leave my smoothies chunky and is able to crush ice?

Replies

• mightymouse1998
    Options
    vitamix blenders are excellent and blentec are also excellent
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    love, love, love my majic bullet. I would go into a major depression if it died on me.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and found it for 358 one day at HSN. It normally goes for close to $500. I love it is one of the best. But consumer Reports rated the Ninja, I think as just as good for about $125. Wish I had know that before I got my vitamix. But it's worth it. We use it every day sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day.
  • mightymouse1998
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and found it for 358 one day at HSN. It normally goes for close to $500. I love it is one of the best. But consumer Reports rated the Ninja, I think as just as good for about $125. Wish I had know that before I got my vitamix. But it's worth it. We use it every day sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a day.

the vitamix is definately better
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is a good question I've killed about 9 in the past 3 years. No all of them were not mine. One was a magic bullet. It magically bit the dust.
  • awaterz79
    Options
    my magic bullet died and it did give me a sad face. it was very convenient for small shakes. great for dialing in your portions etc.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the vitamix, but I'm in zero position to be spending hundreds of dollars.
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet works well but you need to keep in mind it is designed for pulse blending. Never leave it on for more than 10-15 seconds at a time. You will burn the motor out otherwise. Many of these small blenders function the same way. Use it in short intervals only.
  • cbish
    cbish Posts: 1
    Options
    Go with the Vita Mix!! It is awesome ~ does a great job with little effort!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Blendtec is in the same class, price and proformance, as Vita Mix. I love mine.
  • Cgavigan
    Cgavigan Posts: 16
    Options
    We got a Ninja and I love it. We got it with a coupon so it was about $60 or $70 I think, but it came with 4 travel/single serve blender cups and a large container as well. So far it is amazing and we've had it for a couple of months. I have only heard good things about the Vitamix, but extremely expensive.
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hamilton Beach WaveStation 4-Speed Blender from Walmart $20....I have been using this since June almost everyday, sometimes twice a day, with no issues....It comes with a "dispenser" valve and flat cap. The flat cap can leak, so I put a piece of plastic wrap on and screw the cap on. I usually use the pulse option a few times then move through the other speeds and I have no problems! I am on a budget too and can't afford anything more right now!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I also have a HB wave station that works pretty well but usually use my margaritaville blender :). I LOOOOVE it! Not only does it pulverize my spinach or kale that I throw in with my smoothies, but you can also just "shave" the ice and use it with SF syrup for a shaved ice kind of thing. I hesitated getting it because it cost so much, but would replace it in a second if something happened to it. (makes great margaritas too! :))
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I still say magic bullet. I have had mine for 6 years now, use it 1 or 2 times a day with no issues.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix is my most favorite thing ever in life.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Blendtec is in the same class, price and proformance, as Vita Mix. I love mine.

The Blendtec has NOTHING on the Vitamix.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    We got a Ninja and I love it. We got it with a coupon so it was about $60 or $70 I think, but it came with 4 travel/single serve blender cups and a large container as well. So far it is amazing and we've had it for a couple of months. I have only heard good things about the Vitamix, but extremely expensive.

Yes but will the ninja last for a lifetime? No. My cousin has had her Vitamix for almost 30 years with no signs of wear or tear.

It's also Made in America (Cleveland) and I love that. The Ninja is made in China.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

the vitamix is definately better

The Vitamix is not sold on HSN...perhaps you meant QVC?
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    love, love, love my majic bullet. I would go into a major depression if it died on me.

I love my magic bullet too. Though the juicer thing is rubbish!
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the Magic Bullet too, great device.