$50 million dollars!

Options
NotSurprised
NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
is the next mega millions drawing. How would you spend those millions? Firstly I am my own Financial Planner. Secondly I would get a lawyer. Thirdly I would get a Tax preparer to contact the IRS 'internal revenue service'. lastly I would purchase a home from $850,000-$1,000,000 with three bedrooms & two and a half baths, so that it isn't to difficult to maintain, also a large room for all sorts of gym equiptment treadmills, climbing roaps, heavyweight bags and so on. I would then purchase two vehicles one a large SUV & a luxury sport vehicle like a porsche. I would also buy a nice set of clothes about 5 suits included. Definitely I would give cash gifts to my close family members brothers, nephews, cousins, and I would actually split it in half with my mother like I promised she definitely deserves it. How about you?

Replies

• vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I would give a lot of it away to charities to keep the goverment from it. I am not wealthy, but blessed to have all my needs and would like to help others.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Most of it would go to savings, most likely. Or at least a huge chunk. Doesn't need to be spent all at once :)
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off my debt, then buy a small 3 bedroom home no bigger than 1500 sq feet for no more than $200,000, in a place we don't need to own a car. Then I'd invest a million bucks in promoting my last novel and I'd focus on my writing as a career and live a simple but happy life with my wife and the kids we want to adopt.

The rest I'd just have my entire family live off of for the rest of our lives, so it wouldn't matter if I didn't succeed as a writer.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Really your an author? What books have you written, I would like to check them out.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Financial Planner definantly. Put it away in savings for our future kids. Find ways to make money off our money.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Really your an author? What books have you written, I would like to check them out.

www.thegoblinroad.com. :)

Working on the 2nd now.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Buy a car, buy a house, get out of debt, put the rest in savings. Probably give quite a bit to my parents.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    How would you handle the press? And the attention from those around you knowns and unknowns.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've give 10% to my church then pay off all my credit cards and my school loan. I'd give some to my sisters and my kids. I'd buy a nice 3bedroom, two bath home.

I wouldn't worry about the press or anybody else because in my little fantasy, they won't be a problem. I'd never win the lottery in real life because I don't play the lottery anyway.

hmmm, smiley's aren't working again.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Those are some nice things you mentioned doing. I can't for the life of me not see the reason someone would not take a dollar once a week and put it in a pool for a chance at fullfilling yours and others dreams. I mean even if I were homeless I would take a dollar from the hundreds of cans I'd pick up and give it a shot maybe all the more reason to dream. Remember thousands of people win big cash prises every year just from Mega Millions alone. I do agree it isn't a game it is serious business. hahaha. Seriously I dont mean to sound like I'm coming down on you, but it sounds like you have some very nice things you would do with that money not all greed you know.