workplace romance

Options

Replies

• El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If youre the one who didnt End it Wouldnt it suck to see that Person every day? It's like the old west movies. If it doesn't work out someone's got to go. This town isn't big enough for the both of us...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I met the Love of my life at work. We've been married almost 13 years. We work opposite of each other now so that we can avoid daycare, and I miss working with him.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    It didn't work for me!
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Fraternization can be a dangerous game. I would suggest staying away from workplace romances. Just my personal opinion.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    Not where i work....and NOT where I workout at!!!! One of us got to switch jobs or gyms!
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at work we worked for different location same comany and we have been married for 14yrs

This is how I met my husband too! We worked for the same company, same department/position but different locations. He was in Pennsylvania and me in Ohio. We'd take turns every 2 weeks coming to see eachother. No one even knew we were dating for about 6 months. We didn't hide it, but we didn't make it "known" either.

The cat came out of the bag when we were out to dinner and had no idea that ALL of our bosses were sitting right around the corner. When he went to go to the bathroom they spotted eachother. They were like, "What are you doing here?" LOL

They realized that it had been half a year that we'd been dating and that based on the fact that no one had any idea, it didn't interfere with our work so it wasno big deal.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    VERY bad idea. And sometimes against company policy, depending on your roles. The worst possible (and most likely) scenario is that you'll break up and have to see someone every day who knows what you look like naked.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Not for me... although your post made me wonder... my coworkers are women between 40-73... and a 25 year old male with a terrible breath and nasty odor coming off his hair... now the doc working on Wednesdays... that's a different story... lol

BY THE WAY, TODAY IS WEDNESDAY <evil grin> geez, that overtime... I tell ya! :blushing:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i would never do it!

well i used to say that. i was apparently mistaken.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I met my bf through my workplace, we were seeing it other for close to a year "Secretly" and now its all out in the open and we're living together... might be a little different that its a building company and I work in the office and he works out on sites
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I know several couples who have met at work. It's possible. Just be smart about it.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I worked at a place where a supervisor (married) got it on with the owner (married), carried on an affair for over 2 years.

both of their spouses found out, one committed suicide and the other divorced, took full ownership of the company and fired both their *kitten*.

I guess those two are happy with each other now...
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What's that charming phrase? Don't eat where you sh**. Lol >_< A nasty saying for a potentially nasty situation. I personally wouldn't want to risk it ending badly and having to see the person everyday. Bleh! Then again, there's this really cute guy in my office...
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I work in theatre (although it is not the job I am currently being paid for, it will eventually be my career) and showmances happen. They're basically expected. When you're spending that much time with people and becoming emotionally connected to them, it's hard for it to not happen. Some directors don't like it, but there isn't much they can really do. I think that as long as the people are mature about it and realize that even if it doesn't work out, they still have to get along for at least a few hours a night, then it isn't too much of a big deal. It also helps that plays and musicals don't go on forever, so once it's over, the two people can be free of each other until they're stuck in the same show again.

Of course, as a stage manager, I was briefly involved with an actor, which I think is a little bit more of a big deal than two actors together, but we were always very professional during rehearsals and performances. And when we were no longer involved, it was still fine.

Theatre is a completely different world than the regular professional business world, though. But it is my workplace, so.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    To be honest, I find it unhealthy especially if the couple ended up in unsuccessful relationship. I've been there many times & after I broke up with a co-worker, everything turned sour. Sure we know how to differentiate between work & personal interactions but when things get rough it will eventually fail no matter how much you tried to be civil.
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    I met my wife at our work. She hated me at first but my extreme charm (farting, cursing, horrible wardrobe, etc) really made her realize I was the one for her! :) Still married...going on 10 years and 3 kids. We DONT work together anymore though :)
  • skintimate32
    Options
    Don't date classmates, don't date coworkers. Freaking too much drama even for innocent bystanders.

If not at school or work, where do you think most people find someone?? I understand the coworker thing, but I think classmates are different. Classes only last like a semester and then you don't have to see that person everyday if you dont want to anymore.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    How much do you like your job ATM?
    If you plan on being there foreever...tread lightly, If it does not work out you still have to see them every day.
    If you don't foresee this being your life long career .....have fun, ang go for it. You only live once right? some pretty hot co-workers out there...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's not the ideal place to meet someone. I'd only date someone I worked with if I was really into them and saw it working long term. It would have to be more than an infactuation.
  • riddellr
    riddellr Posts: 23
    Options
    I always tell people to "never dip their pen in company ink". Too messy.