Clothes Too Tight But Don't Want A Bigger Size

Options
I joined MFP months ago and have gone from 215 to 204 to 212 today. I have been a size 16 for a whole year now and I feel and look like crap. I only bought a few items at this size and need more clothes because I actually need an 18 and I'm tired of wearing the same stuff. I bought two pairs of pants that were an 18 and fit good, but I took them back because I didn't want to give in to the next size. Yet, I continue to fail and remain consistently inconsistent.

Every time I get on a good one and start to control portions and excercise, I manage to mess up my knee, which I use as an excuse to hault any excercise and eat what I want. Would you buy the next size up so you could feel more comfortable or would you hold out until you could go down a size?

Replies

• YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I personally would by clothes in the size comfortable, but something like sweats, "ugly clothes" I suppose. So when I get sick of those ugly clothes it will help motivate me to keep losing weight!

This is just what I would do if I was in this situation though, haha.
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would definitely hold out. Going up in a size is just another excuse to not try. You know?

I've split two pairs of jeans near the crotch area (I gain weight in my thighs first)...but I'm STILL not going to go up a size. It's just more of a reason for me to keep on pushing it!

Karrie
  • wenefryde
    wenefryde Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have done such a great job of going from 215 to 204 you 've done it once and I bet it felt good - you CAN do it again. Start again today. Do you want to loose those pounds an get into those smaller sizes soon?
    Messing up your knee doesn't mean you can eat loads!!!! You know that!
    Can you find some exercise that won't do your knee in? What could u do? Walking? Do you go to a gym, could you ask a trainer there what you could do?

You may have to buy those size 18 pants but even doing tht can be motivation for saying these are the last 18 I buy . I'm goin to look good in these but better in a 16 in a few weeks time!

Best of luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wear dresses. they hide weight fluctuations more.

in fact even though I have lost 30 pounds, I still have a several dresses (wrap dresses and sheath) that I wore at a size 18/20 that I'm still able to wear now as a 12/14 as long as i belt them
  • finally79
    finally79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. I think I am going to hold out. Wear sweats at home, dresses at work, and at least start walking. Today is a new day.