Replies

• camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The texture looks amazing. I will definitely have to share with my family.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The texture looks amazing. I will definitely have to share with my family.

They crisp up really nice! I made them again last night, but I had to put them under the broiler for a sec to brown this time around, not sure why, I didnt change anything, so if you make them and they dont brown very well, try that.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They look great. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing.

Mark
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this, thanks.
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bumppp! thanks for this, it looks awesome! :)
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you think? Look amazing. Yum Yum
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Half a cup of the crispy quinoa cereal i bought only has 130 calories, so 1/4 cup has 65, 1/4 c is 4 tablespoons, so roughly 16 cals a tablespoon. 80 cals in an egg so just see how much of the egg mix you end up using-if you used half then its 40 cals, ect. Cals in chicken are easy enough to find out on the net.

So say (you'll need to add your own values for thechicken and how much egg you end up using, this is an example) you have four strips of chicken. Each strip is 50 cals. You dip each piece into the eggs and when youre done youve used half the eggs, so 40 cals, ten per chicken steip.

Then each strip takes a tbs of quinoa.

Strip-50
    Egg -10
    Quinoa-16

Each strip would have 76 cals, or 304 cals for all four.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do Quinoa but I had a bad reaction to it.

Here's an article that kinda talks about it. Apparently, some people with Celiacs may have a reaction to it. I have a true allergy (not celiacs) to gluten/wheat so I suspect there's something else going on which is why I don't tolerate it at all. Apparently, there are two types out of like 15 cultuvars of Quinoa which apparently can cause a huge reaction. I don't know if your nephew has tried Quinoa but I'd start with a small amount to make sure he's ok with it.

Sigh.

http://ultimateglutenfree.com/2012/07/is-quinoa-gluten-free-research-questions-celiacs/

http://www.celiac.com/articles/22998/1/How-Safe-is-Quinoa-for-a-Celiacs-on-a-Gluten-free-Diet/Page1.html

http://www.healthnowmedical.com/blog/2012/07/18/is-quinoa-causing-reactions-in-celiacs/

The last one has a video that has a doctor talking about some recent problems with certain lines of Quinoa. Basically, she gives the impression that there is a chance this is a grain that could be unsafe for him (and me). There are lots of gluten free bread crumb products that would work for this though. My favorite is Gillian's as they make a great crispy topping and I use it for fried pork loin. :) Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to give you a heads up on some new research that you may not know about.

P.S. I kept having to rewrite and edit this! I think my brain is going off when I'm trying to friend my pork and not fry it. LOL.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    gotta try these:)