Life after 30DS

Options
Hello all!

I'll be completeing the 30 Day Shred in the next couple of weeks and was wondering what other graduates of the program have done since?

I've realised that I really like circuit training and could really use some recommendations as to other similar workout vids. I have access to a gym that I go to on weekends when the TV isn't available but I'd rather workout at home if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ta!

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    I did the program and had amazing results although I did it in a slightly different way than most people do. Instead of doing each level for several days and then progressing to the next level, I rotated between the different levels as I found this to be less taxing on my muscles. I don't think you should work the same muscle groups in the same way EVERY day. I also only did the video 5 times per week. AND...as for the ab exercises....I did them at first and they actually ended up making my midsection look bigger which is not what I was going for so I substituted jumping jacks for the ab workouts and I've lost around 10lbs since I started and am much more defined.

And I'm sorry I just re-read your question and I have actually been doing 30DS for like 3 months now as my regular workout, but for the past month I just rotate between the levels 3 x per week and take walks or jog on the other days. Its kept me in shape but I have no suggestions for you on other videos :(
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did the program and had amazing results although I did it in a slightly different way than most people do. Instead of doing each level for several days and then progressing to the next level, I rotated between the different levels as I found this to be less taxing on my muscles. I don't think you should work the same muscle groups in the same way EVERY day. I also only did the video 5 times per week. AND...as for the ab exercises....I did them at first and they actually ended up making my midsection look bigger which is not what I was going for so I substituted jumping jacks for the ab workouts and I've lost around 10lbs since I started and am much more defined.

And I'm sorry I just re-read your question and I have actually been doing 30DS for like 3 months now as my regular workout, but for the past month I just rotate between the levels 3 x per week and take walks or jog on the other days. Its kept me in shape but I have no suggestions for you on other videos :(

No worries :)

I haven't been doing it every day either as I've only recently started getting back into the groove of things so I do it 5 days a week and then gym on the weekend if I have time. Planning to replace the gym with a yoga class as I used to love that too. I might actually start rotating them as you have once I'm done with the 30DS until I find something else to move on.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Her other videos! You can try Ripped in 30 next :) or Extreme Shed and Shred. I also love No More Trouble Zones
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Her other videos! You can try Ripped in 30 next :) or Extreme Shed and Shred. I also love No More Trouble Zones

I actually just had a look at that! Brilliant stuff. Thanks :)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Try her Cardio Kickboxing.