How to Maintain

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this site by 75 days or so ( a newbie by most standards), and being only a pound away form my goal, I had a question; I started messing with the system and inputted my current weight and instead of indicating that I would like to lose, I put that I would like to maintain. In doing so, I noticed that my recommended calorie count went up; how then am I to maintain my current weight, if it has me actually increasing my calories once I make my goal? Again, I'm new to this, and dieting in general so forgive my ignorance, but any help would be appreciated. Peace!

Replies

• subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Your old goal was at a deficit. . Your new goal if 100% acurate should make you take in exactly what you burn thus neither gain or lose.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The average daily amount of calories needed per day is 2500 for men and 2009 for women. By reducing your daily intake of calories per day you will lose weight, you have to. So, when you reach your ideal goal you need to up your calories or you will continue to lose weight. Everybody is different in how many calories are actually needed per day, depending on your height, weight, metabolsim, exercise etc. It will probably be trial and error for a few weeks to find out how many calories you need so as not to lose any more or start gaining weight. Maybe try putting your calories up by 100-300 per week and see what happens. I'm not an expert but that's what I would do. I have 2 or 3 pounds left to lose then I will be at my goal so I will be doing the same and going on to maintenance. Hope this helps. Congratulations on reaching your goal. Good job!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: