Weight loss for an over 60

I've been a teacher for 30 years and with all the sitting and stress eating I've gotten very overweight. I just retired and am now determined to regain my "self". Are there any of you out there who are my age? Love to hear your sucess stories.

Replies

• freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Hi
    This is not a success story as only just started
    exactly in the same boat. I finish on 31 August ( but now on summer holiday) as head of dept in a very successful school but that meant huge amount of stress to keep results. I also stress ate, biscuits at break , good school lunch and comfort food when home ( before marking).
    I decided not to stand on scales until term finished and then did I get a shock ! Part of my decision to retire was because I had no time to get to gym or no inclination, at the end of a 12 hour day I was just too tired.
    I started my get fit lose weight campaign on 8th July and have lost 3 kilos. I must admit I had hoped to lose more but have found the older you get the easier it is to put on the weight and the harder it is to take it off. However I do feel better, my shape is changing and I am getting fitter. I have found it hard when the weight loss stops for a few days but am determined to keep going. I am in for a long haul as I want to lose 17-19 kg.
    I joined round the world challenge and this has been great as it gave me an exercise calorie target for each day. It is a great site, perhaps we can keep each other going