There's HOW much sugar in that?!?! continued

Options
2»

Replies

• Torque03
    Options
    Your body can't tell the difference, which is why people on sugar-restricted diets are encourage to limit fruit consumption. That said, fruit is highly nutritious, making it much better for you than similarly yummy things.

True, the body uses fructose and sucrose in the same way, but fructose tastes much sweeter than sucrose, so you get a similar sweetness effect from fewer grams -- and fewer calories -- of fructose than of sucrose.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    518LuYqGXJL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I do believe I see your POINT. :laugh:

HAH! :) I have to get more pics like these for these types of boards. Deficit baby, deficit...... Sugar is not the boogey man!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    geezus!
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HAH! :) I have to get more pics like these for these types of boards. Deficit baby, deficit...... Sugar is not the boogey man!
    So it's ok for you to track your sugar and eat sugar free foods but if anyone else does it they're scared of sugar... You don't see anything wrong with that? Truly?
  • alexis831
    Options
    So it's ok for you to track your sugar and eat sugar free foods but if anyone else does it they're scared of sugar... You don't see anything wrong with that? Truly?
    One you don't know what your talking about and two I am usually over my sugar every day. I eat sugar free maple syrup, which is about the only sugar free thing I eat because it only has 35 calories verses 200 and I only do it once in a while. Same with the cocoa I add to my coffee. The no sugar added is only 60 calories even though it does contain sugar, verses 140. I am interested in the deficit NOT the sugar. Last week I think I maxed out at 6 twix bars, 10 reese's peanut butter cups, 3-4 ice creams, uhh a 3 musketeer bar, 2-3 little debbies, mmm, cup cakes, don’t remember what else off hand.... Its not sugar its the deficit thus the picture. ;) I only don't have as much junk this week as last week because I dropped my caloires from 1500 down to 1000-1200 this week to hit a goal. Thus I can have my ice cream and ocasional twix bar but I can't eat a twix bar and a little debbies in the same day or I would go over my caloires. Again maybe you should actually look at someones diary more then one day before asuming I don't eat my sugar... trust me I usually eat 300% of my sugar a day. Sugar is good baby!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    One you don't know what your talking about and two I am usually over my sugar every day. I eat sugar free maple syrup, which is about the only sugar free thing I eat because it only has 35 calories verses 200 and I only do it once in a while. Same with the cocoa I add to my coffee. The no sugar added is only 60 calories even though it does contain sugar, verses 140. I am interested in the deficit NOT the sugar. Last week I think I maxed out at 6 twix bars, 10 reese's peanut butter cups, 3-4 ice creams, uhh a 3 musketeer bar, 2-3 little debbies, mmm, cup cakes, don’t remember what else off hand.... Its not sugar its the deficit thus the picture. ;)
    So it's ok to be afraid of calories and base your diet around that but it's not ok for people to base their diet around health. Can you tell what I think of that or do you need a picture?
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I dont know why everyone else avoids sugar but I, myself, avoid it because it causes me to NOT lose weight. SO...losing a lot of the sugar in my diet also helps me lose weight. AND, being Hypoglycemic, the extra sugar causes me to want/need to eat a LOT more then I probably really should.

A little sugar is OK but, all the artifical sugar that things have can lead to other issues in people.
  • llstacy
    Options
    One you don't know what your talking about and two I am usually over my sugar every day. I eat sugar free maple syrup, which is about the only sugar free thing I eat because it only has 35 calories verses 200 and I only do it once in a while. Same with the cocoa I add to my coffee. The no sugar added is only 60 calories even though it does contain sugar, verses 140. I am interested in the deficit NOT the sugar. Last week I think I maxed out at 6 twix bars, 10 reese's peanut butter cups, 3-4 ice creams, uhh a 3 musketeer bar, 2-3 little debbies, mmm, cup cakes, don’t remember what else off hand.... Its not sugar its the deficit thus the picture. ;) I only don't have as much junk this week as last week because I dropped my caloires from 1500 down to 1000-1200 this week to hit a goal. Thus I can have my ice cream and ocasional twix bar but I can't eat a twix bar and a little debbies in the same day or I would go over my caloires. Again maybe you should actually look at someones diary more then one day before asuming I don't eat my sugar... trust me I usually eat 300% of my sugar a day. Sugar is good baby!
    I know that you have no right to make fun of people who care about their health for no other reason than you like to eat like crap.
  • alexis831
    Options
    One you don't know what your talking about and two I am usually over my sugar every day. I eat sugar free maple syrup, which is about the only sugar free thing I eat because it only has 35 calories verses 200 and I only do it once in a while. Same with the cocoa I add to my coffee. The no sugar added is only 60 calories even though it does contain sugar, verses 140. I am interested in the deficit NOT the sugar. Last week I think I maxed out at 6 twix bars, 10 reese's peanut butter cups, 3-4 ice creams, uhh a 3 musketeer bar, 2-3 little debbies, mmm, cup cakes, don’t remember what else off hand.... Its not sugar its the deficit thus the picture. ;)
    So it's ok to be afraid of calories and base your diet around that but it's not ok for people to base their diet around health. Can you tell what I think of that or do you need a picture?

They can base their diet around whatever floats their boat, but sugar has nothing to do with weight loss metabolically speaking and sugar that is in fruits like the ones listed is just fine. No one should limit their fruit a day because it will make them go over their sugar as some get freaked out about going over. THAT is not healthy, if you are interested in health, which I obviously am not since I eat junk. You need some sugar, you need your fruits. And other then the above poster because she has a real reason why she can’t have a lot of sugar since she is hypoglycemic, most of us don’t.
  • alexis831
    Options
    I know that you have no right to make fun of people who care about their health for no other reason than you like to eat like crap.

So if I go over on my sugar eating fruits such as the ones discribed will I not be healthy?
  • llstacy
    Options

They can base their diet around whatever floats their boat, but sugar has nothing to do with weight loss metabolically speaking and sugar that is in fruits like the ones listed is just fine. No one should limit their fruit a day because it will make them go over their sugar as some get freaked out about going over. THAT is not healthy, if you are interested in health, which I obviously am not since I eat junk. You need some sugar, you need your fruits. And other then the above poster because she has a real reason why she can’t have a lot of sugar since she is hypoglycemic, most of us don’t.
    The pictures show the amount of sugar that in sodas and candies. So why make fun of people, put them down or decided who can be mindful of the sugar they eat in a thread that has nothing to do with weight loss? I don't understand why you think it would be ok to do that.
  • alexis831
    Options

The pictures show the amount of sugar that in sodas and candies. So why make fun of people, put them down or decided who can be mindful of the sugar they eat in a thread that has nothing to do with weight loss? I don't understand why you think it would be ok to do that.

I am sorry if you are offended however there is also fruit... scroll down to the bottom... the very bottom of the post. All sugar isn't evil. Some in moderation is okay. MFP is set way low for most since1 peach will put me over for the day (I manually changed mine). Your right it is good information to have and be mindful of but so many try get their sugar down to nothing because they are scared of it and hindering their weight loss, since most are here to lose weight or gain muscle, and sacrifice their fruit to do. And they kill themselves over not eating any sugar all day that is unhealthy like ice cream or twix bars occasionally which usually leads to binging and is not successful long term. Thats all I am saying... sugar isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Its okay to go over especially in fruit which some people can’t understand sometimes.
  • alexis831
    Options
    Can you tell what I think of that or do you need a picture?

THIS.
    So you cant give me an answer because your wrong so then you send this? Very mature.
    I've already gone into the reasons why I limit my sugar but maybe you were too busy posting pictures and making fun of people for caring about their health to see that? Dunno, but you can go back a page and read up if you like.

As for your health, not sure what I wrote that gave the impression that I know or care about it -- but I don't.

I was responding to what you wrote me "So it's ok to be afraid of calories and base your diet around that but it's not ok for people to base their diet around health. Can you tell what I think of that or do you need a picture? "

Not to what you posted earlier. I don't know why you would want me to respond to what you wrote earlier verses answering your question. That doesn't make sense.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    ok, there's WAY too much trolling for this post. I didn't post this so some people can put others down for cutting down or out sugar. Yes, I am fully aware that fruit has sugar. Nearly everything has some form of sugar in it, but with fruits, veggies, meats, nuts, and things like that, un processed, it's natural sugar that the body has no problem digesting. Don't believe me? research it before you decide to made rude and unnessacery posts. The pictures I have posted show you how much REFINED sugar, unnatural sugar goes into things. The sugar cubes, do you thing you're going to bite into a peach and find a sugar cube? No, it's refined and doe's nothing helpful other than helping you pack on the pounds and rot your teeth. This post is so people, whom otherwise knew there was a lot of sugar in what they ate, but never knew how much, this post was to give them an idea. Unnatural Furctose and Sucrose are the worst things for your body. Your body CAN tell the difference.

Fructose is a simple sugar found naturally in foods such as fruit and honey. Common table sugar is usually half fructose and half glucose. Fructose is used as a sweetener in many prepared foods, mainly because it is sweeter than glucose. When included in foods, fructose is generally found in the form of high fructose corn syrup. Despite its natural origin, fructose, particularly in the form of high fructose corn syrup, may have negative effects on your health.

Obesity
    When fructose is consumed in its naturally occurring form in fruit, it's naturally less concentrated than it is in highly processed foods that include this sweetener. In addition, the digestion of fructose in fruit is slowed because of the fiber that also occurs naturally in fruit. In contrast, Oregon Health and Science University explains, your brain reacts differently to fructose than it does to glucose. Fructose does not trigger the hypothalamus in your brain to indicate satiety, so it does not regulate your food intake. This effect, or lack thereof, suggests a link between fructose and obesity.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/511558-the-effects-of-fructose-on-the-human-body/#ixzz235BmHUgC

Key Points:
    1. Sucrose is one of the sweetest tasting sugars
    2. Excessive sucrose intake is associated with several health conditions
    3. Sucrose is the main ingredient in junk foods
    Sucrose is a disaccharide sugar molecule comprised of a glucose and fructose molecule.
    Because of its disaccharide nature, sucrose is the largest of the sugars and must actually be
    split in half, or metabolized before it contributes to the energy systems of the body. This
    metabolic process slows the rate at which sucrose enters the bloodstream, evident by the
    fact that the glycemic index of sucrose is lower than that of glucose. (Note: see ‘Glycemic
    Index & Performance paper). In addition, the molecular shape of sucrose allows it to hold
    water in the stomach and intestines prior to absorption, which can lead to inhibited water
    absorption in the digestive track resulting in bloating, gas and diarrhea.

Sucrose is also known as common table sugar and is the sweetest tasting of all the sugars
    (artificial sweeteners are not considered true ‘sugars’). Sucrose is a main ingredient in most
    junk foods and beverages, and is notorious for its adverse health effects such as the
    development of dental cavities, diabetes, insulin resistance, obesity, and elevated
    triglycerides, which are a risk factor for the development of atherosclerosis (hardening of
    the arteries).1 Because of the high caloric content of sucrose and the excess amounts of
    sucrose consumed regularly, the body will store it in the form of fat in the organs or on the
    body, or in the blood as triglyerides. Avoidance of sucrose is an oft-recommended health
    suggestion. It is so prevalent in food today that it receives much of the blame for many
    calorie-associated diseases.

I hope that this clears some issues up, but if you're here just to be rude, leave.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    ok, there's WAY too much trolling for this post. I didn't post this so some people can put others down for cutting down or out sugar. Yes, I am fully aware that fruit has sugar. Nearly everything has some form of sugar in it, but with fruits, veggies, meats, nuts, and things like that, un processed, it's natural sugar that the body has no problem digesting. Don't believe me? research it before you decide to made rude and unnessacery posts. The pictures I have posted show you how much REFINED sugar, unnatural sugar goes into things. The sugar cubes, do you thing you're going to bite into a peach and find a sugar cube? No, it's refined and doe's nothing helpful other than helping you pack on the pounds and rot your teeth. This post is so people, whom otherwise knew there was a lot of sugar in what they ate, but never knew how much, this post was to give them an idea. Unnatural Furctose and Sucrose are the worst things for your body. Your body CAN tell the difference.

Fructose is a simple sugar found naturally in foods such as fruit and honey. Common table sugar is usually half fructose and half glucose. Fructose is used as a sweetener in many prepared foods, mainly because it is sweeter than glucose. When included in foods, fructose is generally found in the form of high fructose corn syrup. Despite its natural origin, fructose, particularly in the form of high fructose corn syrup, may have negative effects on your health.

Obesity
    When fructose is consumed in its naturally occurring form in fruit, it's naturally less concentrated than it is in highly processed foods that include this sweetener. In addition, the digestion of fructose in fruit is slowed because of the fiber that also occurs naturally in fruit. In contrast, Oregon Health and Science University explains, your brain reacts differently to fructose than it does to glucose. Fructose does not trigger the hypothalamus in your brain to indicate satiety, so it does not regulate your food intake. This effect, or lack thereof, suggests a link between fructose and obesity.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/511558-the-effects-of-fructose-on-the-human-body/#ixzz235BmHUgC

Key Points:
    1. Sucrose is one of the sweetest tasting sugars
    2. Excessive sucrose intake is associated with several health conditions
    3. Sucrose is the main ingredient in junk foods
    Sucrose is a disaccharide sugar molecule comprised of a glucose and fructose molecule.
    Because of its disaccharide nature, sucrose is the largest of the sugars and must actually be
    split in half, or metabolized before it contributes to the energy systems of the body. This
    metabolic process slows the rate at which sucrose enters the bloodstream, evident by the
    fact that the glycemic index of sucrose is lower than that of glucose. (Note: see ‘Glycemic
    Index & Performance paper). In addition, the molecular shape of sucrose allows it to hold
    water in the stomach and intestines prior to absorption, which can lead to inhibited water
    absorption in the digestive track resulting in bloating, gas and diarrhea.

Sucrose is also known as common table sugar and is the sweetest tasting of all the sugars
    (artificial sweeteners are not considered true ‘sugars’). Sucrose is a main ingredient in most
    junk foods and beverages, and is notorious for its adverse health effects such as the
    development of dental cavities, diabetes, insulin resistance, obesity, and elevated
    triglycerides, which are a risk factor for the development of atherosclerosis (hardening of
    the arteries).1 Because of the high caloric content of sucrose and the excess amounts of
    sucrose consumed regularly, the body will store it in the form of fat in the organs or on the
    body, or in the blood as triglyerides. Avoidance of sucrose is an oft-recommended health
    suggestion. It is so prevalent in food today that it receives much of the blame for many
    calorie-associated diseases.

I hope that this clears some issues up, but if you're here just to be rude, leave.

well said and thanks for posting this topic!