Healthy BMI! YEAH!!! :)

Options
I started on here on September 23 of this year and weighed in at 161.5. (I have been working on losing weight for 2 years though and had been in the 190's at one point.) I weighed in this week and I was 149!!! :happy: I reached two big goals in one weigh in. I was finally in the 140's AND I am within the healthy BMI range. It feels so great to be considered healthy again! :wink: I still have 14 lbs more to go to my goal, but I am SO happy that I have gotten this far...and pretty fast success since I have joined MFP. Thanks to everyone for listening and letting me share my excitement. :blushing:

Blessings and success to all of you ,

Jessica :wink:

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    What a wonderful achievement!

Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job Jess!
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how did you lose 12 pounds in one month?
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just hit that a couple weeks ago, isn't it the BEST feeling!?!?
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    how did you lose 12 pounds in one month?

I personally don't eat all of my exercise calories. I know people have different views on this, but I went to the Web MD website and they said my needs are about 1250-1300 calories a day. That was with putting in the amount of exercise I do and everything. I power walk (and jog in spurts) at least 2 miles and a lot of days 3 miles, 6 days a week. I walk with hand weights and at a 4.0 incline. I stay on track with my food diary and always log everything for the day the evening before. I will occasionally change things up, but only if the calories are the same. This website has helped me so much! :smile: As I had said, I have been on this journey for 2 years now. I had hit a plateau though and this site helped me jump over that. :happy: I didn't expect to lose it this fast, but I am not complaining either! :laugh: Also, I have hypothyroidism and my thyroid levels were off for quite awhile and the Dr. was having a hard time getting them just right. Around the time that I started on this site was when it was finally at the optimum levels. I hope this answers your question and I wish you success! :wink:

Have a blessed day,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just hit that a couple weeks ago, isn't it the BEST feeling!?!?

CONGRATS!!! :smile: It is such a rewarding accomplishment! So happy to be able to share these accomplishments with others! :wink:

Have a blessed day,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!