16 month Success Story - What I learnt

Over the past 16 months I have lost and then regained around 25kg (45ish lbs. thats a guess).
These are the things I learnt over my journey

- weight loss is addictive
- you can have a "fat day" at a size 4 and a "skinny day" at a size 12
- when skinny 3 or 4 times a day strangers will yell out of cars/at the store/at work compliments/pick up lines
- when overweight quality people that actually matter will give you real compliments
- when you don't eat and get consumed by food and exercise your life sucks
- weight loss destroys relationships
- if you dont get your period for 6 months and your hair falls out, maybe you're healthy lifestyle really isn't all that healthy
- throwing up does not make you lose weight it just makes you cry
- buy clothes for the size you ARE, don't wait until you're your ideal size and don't wait until you fit back into your old clothes
- boys don't like it when your hip bones are sharp and stab them in the stomach
- boys do like when you have boobs
- eating frequently reduces binges
- friends and family like you better when you are out having fun than being scared of social events due to the food involved
- scales simply measure the pull of gravity on your body
- confidence and honest happiness increase your attractiveness and how people relate with you more so than weight loss

omp8y.jpg

I hope some people learn my lessons through this post instead of the hard way :)

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Over the past 16 months I have lost and then regained around 25kg (45ish lbs. thats a guess).
    These are the things I learnt over my journey

- weight loss is addictive
    - you can have a "fat day" at a size 4 and a "skinny day" at a size 12
    - when skinny 3 or 4 times a day strangers will yell out of cars/at the store/at work compliments/pick up lines
    - when overweight quality people that actually matter will give you real compliments
    - when you don't eat and get consumed by food and exercise your life sucks
    - weight loss destroys relationships
    - if you dont get your period for 6 months and your hair falls out, maybe you're healthy lifestyle really isn't all that healthy
    - throwing up does not make you lose weight it just makes you cry
    - buy clothes for the size you ARE, don't wait until you're your ideal size and don't wait until you fit back into your old clothes
    - boys don't like it when your hip bones are sharp and stab them in the stomach
    - boys do like when you have boobs
    - eating frequently reduces binges
    - friends and family like you better when you are out having fun than being scared of social events due to the food involved
    - scales simply measure the pull of gravity on your body
    - confidence and honest happiness increase your attractiveness and how people relate with you more so than weight loss

omp8y.jpg

You are 100% correct, beautiful insights!
  • melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    This is so true, thank you for sharing!!!

P.s. you are very pretty
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    You are utterly gorgeous!
    I'm hoping that my friend, who's starting to develop an eating disorder, will listen to me tomorrow for this very reason. I don't want to see her suffer and resort to binging and throwing up just to be skinny. You're journey is encouraging :)
  • louise294
    louise294 Posts: 27 Member
    This is very moving, thank you for sharing. Very pretty too :)
  • It takes a lot of inner strength to realize what you were doing and take control of your situation! Congratulations and keep up the good work. (:
  • I think that this needs to be bumped again. You're doing great Claire! You are so much stronger than you think, just writing this proves it. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • UWWYellowbaby
    UWWYellowbaby Posts: 22 Member
    This was some great POSITIVE wisdom! Thanks!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Congrats on your recovery! Great attitudes to embrace.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    :drinker:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Thank you for [osting this!
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you for sharing this. Everyone can take something away from your story. You spoke your heart. This is powerful and I hope the people that need this see this. Congratulations to you for winning your battles!
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    You are very wise for someone so young. I hope that this post finds its way to people who truly need it! Enjoy your new outlook:-)
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    You are a very very courageous woman and an honest one. I wish you the best and Thank You.
  • Thanks so much everyone :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    :You are as smart as you are beautiful......and that makes you genius smart!

I'm so glad you're figuring things out and living happy and healthy flowerforyou:
  • i love everything you Said!!!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    I struggled with bulimia in highschool. I actually did it more when people complimented me all the time. I didn't get to scary skinny but my step mother picked up on my eating tons and not gaining but losing and called me on it.

I've never had doctor help but the fact that someone noticed... sat me down and made me face reality was enough for me to kick out of it. Unfortunitly it went the opposite direction after highschool and I gained 200 lbs. No one taught me or helped me learn the right ways to eat. I think goodness for my personal trainer friend and now MFP.

I know I'll get to a healthy weight and stay there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!