Fitbit...

Options
worth it? Accurate? I am seeing some negative reviews on Amazon that make me question getting it.

Replies

• sbduvall
    sbduvall Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Goodness...I think I will take this as a resounding no. :/
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You should go to the fit users group and read. There are a lot of people who did not know if they wanted to purchase one or not. I learned this along time ago, for everything bad/negative thing in your life you will tell approximately 10 people when it is good, you will tell only a one or two. Hence, I tend to stay away from reviews and ask people who have currently or did have the item.

I have the Body Media and a Fitbit which was a gift. I love them both. The Fitbit is usually off 200 - 300 calories shorter than my calories burned from Body Media.

Those of us who have them tend to fall in love with them.

Good luck!
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If I may hijack this thread...if you could only have one of those, what would you buy the BodyMedia or the Fitbit? I'm leaning towards the Body Media.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I love mine. I only got it a few days ago and its really opened my eyes to how much i really burn and how much i need and it really motivates me to be more active to meet my targets. The sleep function is really clever too
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really do find mine a great motivator. I don't know if is out or not but I like to ensure that I hit the goals and if possible exceed them. Love the badges that are sent to you electronically and the weekly report. Wouldn't be without it but if you do buy one ensure that it is secure in someway as without it I could imagine that it could be lost easily.
  • sbduvall
    sbduvall Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you so much everyone.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    worth it? Accurate? I am seeing some negative reviews on Amazon that make me question getting it.

I love my fitbit. I dunno how accurate calories are, but it is pretty accurate on steps.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Worth it probably depends on what you're after. :)

I'd search the boards for 'fitbit' ... There are a lot of threads out there about them. I've had one for a few months & I think it's worth it. It works very well for walking / jogging / running type exercises and for tracking general activity level.

With that said, If you want to track calories burned for cardio, then go for a HRM instead (or in addition to the Fitbit).

If you're tracking non-cardio (e.g. weights) then you pretty much have to go with calorie estimates, either through MFP or another source.

I find myself using all of the above. :)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Got my fitbit a month ago. Have moved more because of it, eaten more because of the calories it adds to MFP and as a result have moved off a 2 month plateau and lost 4 lbs in a month. Only 1 more lb to go! Needless to say, I'm so happy with my purchase!