A cheat meal...

Options
So I haven't been doing this for even a week yet but I think I have been doing good. I have worked out 4 days in a row. Two of those days I got up at 4:45am so I could get my workout in before work. Luckily I am not a dessert eater. I don't like pies or cakes but love chocolate. I have been able to stay away from all the halloween candy this week as well. I lost 1.5 pounds since Wednesday! I even went to a Blues NHL Game tonight and resisted all the vendor foods. But afterwards since we were down in the city already we went to a restaurant we had seen on Man Vs. Food on the Travel Channel.

I tried what they showcased on the tv show which is called a Monte Cristo. If anyone has seen the St. Louis episode of that show you may know what it is. But it was amazing! I did share it as an appetizer instead of a meal and resisted the other dishes they showcased on the tv show and got the salad as my entree. It was fun trying something different and something I had seen on a tv show. Oh well :) back on track tomorrow and a little longer of a workout tomorrow as well :)

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your success and your loss. That was Fantastic for any week, but especially when it is your first one.

I had to laugh when you talked about trying a food you had seen showcased on TV. The last time we went to Las Vegas (two years ago) I just HAD to try the Lobster dish at Hugo's Celler that I had seen showcased on the Travel Channel. Never mind that it was very pricey, or that I have never eaten Lobster. I just HAD to have it. It was DELICIOUS and well worth the cost.

:grumble: BUT---within 30 minutes after I ate it I had diarrhea and it lasted for almost the rest of our trip. You can bet I will never forget THAT experiance!!!